Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Received Email - We’re sorry for the delay. But flights timings are the same.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Received Email - We’re sorry for the delay. But flights timings are the same.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2016, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG-Spire, DL-Gold, MR-Platinum, HH-Gold, SPG-Gold, Hyatt-Diamond, BA-Silver
Question Received Email - We’re sorry for the delay. But flights timings are the same.

Hi all,

Did anyone receive an email titled "We’re sorry for the delay" with a 20% coupon code for future booking (11 month validity) ? I checked the flights and timings (even tried to test a new reservation) and all flights are still the same. Why did I receive that email?

Here are my flight numbers and dates in case anyone can verify:
Aug-05-2016 WS 6305 (Delta operated)
Aug-05-2016 WS 663
Aug-14-2016 WS 660
Aug-14-2016 WS 6734 (Delta operated)

The Delta flights are on time as per my reservation on Delta.com
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by charms81
Hi all,

Did anyone receive an email titled "We’re sorry for the delay" with a 20% coupon code for future booking (11 month validity) ? I checked the flights and timings (even tried to test a new reservation) and all flights are still the same. Why did I receive that email?

Here are my flight numbers and dates in case anyone can verify:
Aug-05-2016 WS 6305 (Delta operated)
Aug-05-2016 WS 663
Aug-14-2016 WS 660
Aug-14-2016 WS 6734 (Delta operated)

The Delta flights are on time as per my reservation on Delta.com

I've received an email like that previously even though my flight (YOW-YYZ) was not delayed. Enjoy!
Old Feb 24, 2016, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG-Spire, DL-Gold, MR-Platinum, HH-Gold, SPG-Gold, Hyatt-Diamond, BA-Silver
Originally Posted by Heffeh41
I've received an email like that previously even though my flight (YOW-YYZ) was not delayed. Enjoy!
Thanks! I received same email again today with 4 new codes - 2 for me and 2 for wife. No idea what is going on. All flights still show as same schedule as my original booking.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:07 pm

This may be a result of equipment shuffling (between 737-600, -700 and -800) which is happening during your trip time in Aug on flight 663: http://info.flightmapper.net/flight/Westjet_WS_663 Aircraft swaps will cause flight schedule changes, even though you still have the same flight number and times, which could be the cause of the automatic email with the discount code.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:54 pm

Programs: Several
I received one of these emails yesterday with 6 flight codes. I do have several flights booked over the next couple of weeks but see no changes. At a function today we were talking about it over lunch and 7 others in my group of lunch mates received the same email with varying number of codes.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 7:34 am
Original Poster

I have not tried the codes yet to get a 20% discount on future flight - but wouldn't it effectively hurt WestJet's bottom-line when they are blasting these 20% codes to everyone for no reason?
Old Feb 26, 2016, 1:28 pm
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing this forward. We'll look into this (but don't worry - you can keep the codes!).

Cheers,
Darren
Old Feb 28, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Deleted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.