Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IT Glitches

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2016, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

IT Glitches

Has anyone experienced any glitches with the website?

I was trying to use some Westjet dollars today and could not login to the redemption site. I was able to get onto the Westjet Rewards page no problem with my login credentials, but when it asked me to login a second time for the WS dollars redemption the site claims I have a user name or password error. Resetting the password did not rectify the problem.

Calling in only resulted in me being referred to an account help email with no idea when anyone would get to the issue. In the meantime, I have WS dollars expiring in a couple of days and I am unable to combine a redemption booking with the current discount codes (I was wanting to book a Plus flight with using the code).

I've been having problems for a while pulling up itineraries consistently and also suspect that not all my flights have been posting for status (doesn't matter as I got a Gold match).

Anyone else have IT problems? Also, how long before anyone replied off their account help email address? I'd prefer to not lose the dollars, and also want to take advantage of the discount on offer. Frustrating!!
Old Feb 23, 2016, 3:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Yes, I was trying to change a flight and it wouldnt bring it up.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

I not surprised that the call centre agent couldn't help me as such, but think they should do better than refer you to an email address especially if all you want to do is buy some tickets. Delta will probably get my money for this booking.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I've had that issue before.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

It turns out that there's no urgency to replies from the account help email. It's been a couple of days and no reply. Disappointing.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 11:57 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Hey arf04,

Please fire off in PM with the original email that was sent (please include the date/ time stamp and your email address), and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,
Darren
Old Feb 26, 2016, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
something is wrong with that functionality my last 2 bookings I made I was signed into my westjet rewards account and booked them through there but they never showed when I tried to pull them up and when I have called in they say my number is on there and they don't know why it doesn't come up.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by Ace Cdn
something is wrong with that functionality my last 2 bookings I made I was signed into my westjet rewards account and booked them through there but they never showed when I tried to pull them up and when I have called in they say my number is on there and they don't know why it doesn't come up.

I made 5 bookings in the past month and even though I am signed in with my Westjet ID, none of them show up in the bookings screen. I did use discount codes and I suspect that might be the reason. I find lately, when using discount codes, it bumps me to a new screen and does not have me signed in. My bookings are not linked and I have to manually add my WestJet number. If I try to sign in when the new screen appears and enter the discount code again it opens yet another new screen and I am not signed in.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by WestonC
I made 5 bookings in the past month and even though I am signed in with my Westjet ID, none of them show up in the bookings screen. I did use discount codes and I suspect that might be the reason. I find lately, when using discount codes, it bumps me to a new screen and does not have me signed in. My bookings are not linked and I have to manually add my WestJet number. If I try to sign in when the new screen appears and enter the discount code again it opens yet another new screen and I am not signed in.
Standard bookings use the main booking website and integrate your WestJetID from what is called the Identity and Profile System (IPS). When the main site or IPS system is under maintenance or certain types of booking (such as promo code bookings) are used, the Lite Site will handle that booking, at the moment Lite Site doesn't have IPS, but over the next few months more and more bookings will be handled by the main site, as IPS is further integrated.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by aerobod
Standard bookings use the main booking website and integrate your WestJetID from what is called the Identity and Profile System (IPS). When the main site or IPS system is under maintenance or certain types of booking (such as promo code bookings) are used, the Lite Site will handle that booking, at the moment Lite Site doesn't have IPS, but over the next few months more and more bookings will be handled by the main site, as IPS is further integrated.

Thanks for the info! Good to know what's actually going on.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 3:52 pm

I was flying out of YYC yesterday on WJ and I received an email about a gate change, but it was for a totally different flight number. I checked the board when I arrived and my original info was correct. Thought it was kind of strange.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:36 pm
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Originally Posted by OilyDuck
I was flying out of YYC yesterday on WJ and I received an email about a gate change, but it was for a totally different flight number. I checked the board when I arrived and my original info was correct. Thought it was kind of strange.
How odd! Can you please send me a PM, and I'll reply with an email address to forward this to so we can investigate?

Thanks,
Darren

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.