Wiki Posts
Search

WS pilots complain of fatigue

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

WS pilots complain of fatigue

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/schedules-leavi...says-1.2807803

There are concerns among WestJet pilots that their schedules are leaving them exhausted on the job, according to an internal report obtained by CTV News.

The report, which sums up the results of focus groups commissioned by the airline late last year, highlights frustration among many pilots, some of whom blame the issue on WestJet executives pushing to cut costs and increase efficiency.

“You’re not flying at the level you should be – and that’s the problem. There are no options,” one unnamed participant says in the document.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
An internal report, commissioned by a group trying to unionize, holds zero weight in my books.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
An internal report, commissioned by a group trying to unionize, holds zero weight in my books.
It says "commissioned by the airline". I'm not aware the airline wants its pilots to unionize.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by sokolov
It says "commissioned by the airline". I'm not aware the airline wants its pilots to unionize.
You're right. My mistake, I mis-read that. Sorry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.