Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mobile boarding passes for American destinations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:13 am
Original Poster

It's weird that Westjet offers mobile boarding passes only for Canadian and European destinations but not American ones... I'm based in YVR and never had trouble using them with any other airlines. Annoying
Old Dec 28, 2015, 5:04 pm

unless it's changed U.S customs requires you to have a paper boarding pass and not a electronic one. I have never been able to use an electronic one on Air Canada either but I haven't traveled transborder with them for a while so it may be different now.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Hmmm weird. Never had this problem when I flew yvr to JFK on Cathay. Boarding pass pops up everytime when I'm done checking in.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Serg_2012
Hmmm weird. Never had this problem when I flew yvr to JFK on Cathay. Boarding pass pops up everytime when I'm done checking in.
The CX flight departs from the international wing so does not use the US Pre-Clearance facility. Wherever there's US Pre-Clearance you must have a paper boarding pass so it can be stamped to show you've been granted entry (even if there's also one in your passport). You don't need to show your boarding pass upon arrival at JFK immigration/customs.

This also happens with AC, UA, DL, AS, AA...no e-boarding pass.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

ah! so that was the reason. Thanks for clarification
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder
The CX flight departs from the international wing so does not use the US Pre-Clearance facility. Wherever there's US Pre-Clearance you must have a paper boarding pass so it can be stamped to show you've been granted entry (even if there's also one in your passport). You don't need to show your boarding pass upon arrival at JFK immigration/customs.

This also happens with AC, UA, DL, AS, AA...no e-boarding pass.
I've used eBP on AC YYC-YVR-USA a few times this year, most recently YYC-YVR-LAS in December. Seems limited only to YVR though, as anytime I'm direct or via YYZ/YUL it doesn't work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.