Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is WestJet's price drop guarantee for real?? [ended for bookings >5 Jan. 16]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is WestJet's price drop guarantee for real?? [ended for bookings >5 Jan. 16]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Tiki91
Still waiting on a yes or no price guarantee submitted dec 29 2015.very slow response time.
I submitted mine on December 18th, received an acknowledgment that they have all the needed information but NO further communication yet. I sent another email earlier on this Monday but NO response!! Definitely taking much longer than their published time frame...
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:33 pm
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Hey Retired FF,

We aren't that far behind in Price Drop Guarantee requests right now.

Would you mind checking your spam folder for us?

Thanks,
Darren
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by WestJet
Hey Retired FF,

We aren't that far behind in Price Drop Guarantee requests right now.

Would you mind checking your spam folder for us?

Thanks,
Darren
Hi Darren, I check my spam folder on a regular basis and nothing there, I sent a reminder to PDG this past Monday but did not get a reply either. I have forwarded an email to you with my communications with PDG group. Hope you are able to help, thanks, Mukesh
Old Feb 10, 2016, 8:33 am

Hi Darren,

How far behind is the PDG group in processing the requests? I am now at over 5 weeks with my request and one would assume the volume of requests would have reduced post Jan 5, 2016; the day the program ceased. Is there a staffing issue or technical service challenge behind the scenes?

thanks,

Mark
Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Retired FF
Hi Darren, I check my spam folder on a regular basis and nothing there, I sent a reminder to PDG this past Monday but did not get a reply either. I have forwarded an email to you with my communications with PDG group. Hope you are able to help, thanks, Mukesh
Good News, after a two months wait, my claim was finally approved..
I had not received any replies from my recent emails to pdg and then I posted here and also sent an email to Darren, so am assuming that Darren had to get involved in expediting it. Thanks Darren...
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:46 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Originally Posted by marcusaurelius
Hi Darren,

How far behind is the PDG group in processing the requests? I am now at over 5 weeks with my request and one would assume the volume of requests would have reduced post Jan 5, 2016; the day the program ceased. Is there a staffing issue or technical service challenge behind the scenes?

thanks,

Mark
We're only a few short weeks behind just now and don't have any staffing or technical probles. Maybe check your spam folder and if there's nothing there, either, please send me a PM.

Thanks,
Darren
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA PREMIER GOLD, AC*E25K, Best Western Diamond, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by number10blade
Similar experience. I submitted a PDG claim on 9Jan, got the robo-reply "Hi there, Thanks for submitting a Price Drop Guarantee claim. A WestJet agent will review your information and respond as soon as possible," the same day, and now 15 business days have passed, and still no response from a WestJet agent....
Approval response received today!
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:36 pm

I sent a social media message to WestJet asking them to bring back the PDG. This was the response I got:

"We have not announced anything as of yet regarding a similar program. We would like to have something more user friendly and that is why we decided to remove the Price Drop program. We understand there is a lot of push to have this program re-introduced and we will pass along your feedback to the Marketing department for further review."

I encourage everybody to contact WestJet to encourage their Marketing Department to bring back some sort of low price guarantee, and hopefully it will mimic the Alaska Airlines automated version.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:04 pm

Is this the same thing as Westjet giving me back the Travel dollars? We booked flights 2 weeks ago and price went down almost $300 per person. I just called westjet and they charged us $25 fee per person and gave us the diference back on westjet travel dollars which will expire 1y from today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.