Wiki Posts
Search

DEN to Breckenridge transportation suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP1M, Marriott LTT, DL Gld, UA Slvr, HH Gld
DEN to Breckenridge transportation suggestions

Tried searching but could not come up with a good discussion.

Usually I rent a car, but I'm going by myself in April and don't feel like it. So I've looked at the shuttle options and they seem pretty expensive - here's what I've come up with:

CME: seems to be the major player, the cost is $82 + tip each way. Alternative can go to Frisco for $55 and then switch to a free shuttle from there.

Big Sky Shuttle: $65 each way door to door. I'm leaning towards using them but I don't see much info about the company anywhere. Has anyone used them? Are they reliable?

Any other suggestions? Coupons? Anyway of getting this on miles? etc..

Thanks. By the way, if anyone is planning on doing breck for the last week of the season let me know..
Old Mar 8, 2009, 5:36 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
My preference has always been to rent a car. Especially if you are only going up for a few days, you can save a bit and have the freedom to move at your own pace instead of sitting in vans waiting for people to show up, etc. There's always a good deal to be had on rental cars by bidding on Priceline!
Old Mar 8, 2009, 9:06 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
I feel that car option is always better- at least you'll get some miles, plus you can go easily to other resorts in the area. National has the last minute specials-while they don't currently go into April, u can get a midsize for about $200 week. So priceline/hotwire should be able to do it less- it hasn't been the best season out here-bid accordingly. Just make sure the trunk has a rear seat fold down and u won't need any ski racks that cost extra. April should be easy driving on 70 out to breck unless a huge snowstorm blows in. But then that's what you want, right?
Old Mar 8, 2009, 9:46 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hilton Diamond
If you're planning on staying in Breckenridge and not exploring elsewhere, AND will be staying somewhere either right in the Main Street area or on a bus line, I'd probably take the shuttle and save yourself some money. If you want to explore, or are going to be staying in a more outlying area, I'd probably rent a car.

I've not used any of the shuttles, but I see CME shuttles the most frequently. I'd probably give Big Sky a try though, based on the cost savings.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Bumping for any recent experiences.

I'm renting a car for the week in Breck, but my GF is flying into DEN a couple of days later (we'll be leaving at the same time), so a one way shuttle for her arrival seems the way to go, instead of the 4 hour roundtrip drive to pick her up.

Does anyone have recommendations or opinions (good or bad) of the various operators?
http://www.flydenver.com/mountaincar...KENRIDGE,%20CO
Old Jan 14, 2014, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
The ads on the back of CME shuttles make for good reading while driving to/from the mountains.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 6:45 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Denver-Breckenridge shuttle recommendations

We will be attending wedding in Breckenridge in June. Flying LAX/DEN. Arriving DL around 2:PM. There are several shuttle services listed for this 2+ hour ride. Does anyone have experience with the shuttle services and, if so, would you please share your thoughts.
Thanks..
Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Yes, there are several to choose from. They're all just about the same cost with similar schedules.

I recommend Peak 1 Express. I've had great luck with them, great drivers, nice Sprinters, and are a local Summit County owned small business.

Stay away from Epic (formerly Colorado Mountain Express). They're Vail-owned and Vail Resorts treats their employees like dirt. It's worse what they do to the Colorado Mountains.

Enjoy Breck in June! Remember, it is a high alpine climate, you may still experience freezing temperatures.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 9:48 am

Any experience using Lyft to get from Denver airport to Breckenridge? I've got a credit I have to use that will cover the estimated cost, so not so worried about that. Wondering how difficult it is to find a willing driver? Not concerned about the trip back to the airport, I'll use one of the shuttles services.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
See also New UA Bus Service from DEN to Fort Collins and Breckenridge (United Forum)
Old Jul 16, 2023, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Oh, I've done that and totally love it. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to run year-round, mostly ski season and not every day. I still keep checking, just in case UA decides to add it back.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 9:56 pm

If you were looking to do this as cheaply as possible -- take the A line train to Union Station, then the Bustang bus to Frisco (five per day: https://ridebustang.com/bustang/schedules/west ), then the Summit Stage from Frisco to Breckenridge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.