Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel in Santa Fe

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2023, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Hotel in Santa Fe

My wife and I are looking at a winter trip (between Christmas/New Year's) to Santa Fe. It's a touch of a splurge, so we have narrowed it down to the Four Seasons or Bishop's Lodge. Do folks have any strong preference for one vs. the other? I am partial towards the 4S, just because my general sense is that so long as they have been recently updated, the overall level and quality of amenities provided will be above what I would expect out of an Auberge boutique (which is what Bishop's Lodge is). Would love to hear any thoughts or opinions. Unfortunately I have not been to SAF since I was a young child ~30 years ago, so I have no real personal insight to rely upon here.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 11:09 am

Programs: starwood, delta, air tran elite, southwest, hilton gold, hyatt, marriott,
would love to hear some thoughts on this as well.... we are heading to SF the weekend of 12/14. Looking for hotel recs... and right now leaning toward Marriot homes rental... anyone done that?
Old Aug 22, 2023, 3:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I've stayed at these properties in/around Santa Fe:
* La Posada de Santa Fe (Marriott/Tribute)
* Hilton Santa Fe on the Plaza
* Homewood Suites Buffalo Thunder

They each presented unique experiences... Out of those, I kind of prefer the Homewood Buffalo Thunder. I like being outside and not hearing any noise, being able to look around and see the mountains. While the Opera doesn't happen in winter, for those going when it does, it is extremely close. Plus it is even closer to Gabriel's restaurant, which I'd highly recommend (great, but without the Plaza prices). Uber/Lyft were pretty easy to catch and not crazy expensive. Plus you don't have to worry about parking, there's tons.

I stayed at La Posada for a work event; I was part of the organizing group and they upgraded me to a cottage. It was really nice, but I wasn't in it long enough to really enjoy it, nor much of the property. I think I posted a review in the thread in the Marriott forum.
The Hilton was fine; it is an older property, but that is part of the charm. It was a quick walk to the Plaza (La Posada is a little further).
Parking at both was kind of a mess, but that's how it is in the Plaza area.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 1:12 am

Bishop's Lodge is great. I like Inn of the Five Graces a bit better, personally. I have not stayed at the FS.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 10:02 am

Just stayed at the Four Seasons and it was excellent. If you want to stay on property, it’s ideal. If your goal is to do Santa Fe things downtown, I wouldn’t stay there.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 8:20 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Unless things have changed, the Hilton is a sad old hotel in a good location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.