Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

time between fly

time between fly

Old Jun 20, 08, 9:15 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

time between fly

I will fly from LIH to SEA + 7:00 am Wed, Oct 01 According to airline website.
90% On-Time .
If I order another ticket 9:45 AM from another airline fly out SEA to JFK. Do you think it is too tight .

Thx.
Old Jun 21, 08, 9:07 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
What are the two airlines? Do they have an interline baggage agreement? Are you doing just carry-on or can you check your luggage all the way through? If not, you'll need to leave security, claim your bags, go check in again, and then re-enter security. I did this once, and only once, leaving two and a half hours between flights at SEA. The two airlines I used did not have an interline baggage agreement, and due to delays getting luggage off the plane and to an exceptionally long line to check in at my second airline, I almost missed my flight.
Old Jun 21, 08, 11:58 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
2hrs 45min between flights ought to leave enough time for a flight delay, baggage, and security. More details about what airlines would be helpful. I'm going to guess Alaska Air from LIH to SEA and Jet Blue from SEA to JFK. Did I guess right?
Old Jun 21, 08, 8:53 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

You are right. Alaska Airlines and Jet Blue. Thx. but I live in North Wales. EWR and PHL is about the same distance for me. I do not know whether JFK is a bit of too much.

Last edited by yan19454; Jun 21, 08 at 9:13 pm
Old Jul 17, 08, 9:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Former E
To avoid starting another thread, what is a "safe" amount of time to transit from the North satellite to the South for a international flight? My award flight has had a number of changes, and the last change(it hasn't yet been formally processed but I see two identical flight numbers but with differing departure times) now cuts my connection time to 1:10 assuming no delays out of YVR (I preclear US customs at YVR).

Last edited by Jalinth; Jul 17, 08 at 9:33 pm
Old Jul 18, 08, 12:18 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Jalinth View Post
...cuts my connection time to 1:10 assuming no delays out of YVR (I preclear US customs at YVR).
Big assumption. However, it shouldn't take you more than 20-25 min. or so. Your bags might be another story...
Old Jul 18, 08, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
Originally Posted by Jalinth View Post
To avoid starting another thread, what is a "safe" amount of time to transit from the North satellite to the South for a international flight? My award flight has had a number of changes, and the last change(it hasn't yet been formally processed but I see two identical flight numbers but with differing departure times) now cuts my connection time to 1:10 assuming no delays out of YVR (I preclear US customs at YVR).
On the same ticket? That's ample time if there are no serious delays. Depends on what your comfort level for stress is and whether you'll be accommodated easily on your int'l flight.

FWIW, hard stand (assuming you're flying AC/QK to SEA) to shuttle platform, 3 mins, wait/transit to main terminal 6 mins, wait/transit C/D to A/B area 5 min, wait/transit to S satellite 5 min, platform to gate 2 min. Max. of 21 mins total unless there's something wrong somewhere.
Old Jul 20, 08, 12:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Former E
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach View Post
FWIW, hard stand (assuming you're flying AC/QK to SEA) to shuttle platform, 3 mins, wait/transit to main terminal 6 mins, wait/transit C/D to A/B area 5 min, wait/transit to S satellite 5 min, platform to gate 2 min. Max. of 21 mins total unless there's something wrong somewhere.
Appreciated. I am flying AC to SEA and then LH in F (award - a bit pricey for my own cash ). And I haven't read anything about the lounge being that great, so I'll keep my current flight rather than kill another almost two hours. The flight seems pretty reliable from flightstats.
Old Mar 18, 09, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, SPG Plt, HH Silver, Hyatt Plt, Marriott Silver
Question 45-minute connection in Sea-Tac?

Trying to avoid starting an entirely new thread...

Here's my Q - I've got relatively few options for a connection in SEA next week, but I've found something that gets me in on Alaska Airlines (Concourse C or D) at 2:40pm and out on American (Concourse A) at 3:25pm. That's only a 45-minute connection, and I'm wondering if anyone can shed light on whether that is too tight to move between the concourses? I'll be in the first row of my Alaska Air flight (thus can get off quickly) and don't mind being the last one on the American flight. I can move pretty quickly through the airport and am not checking any luggage. Thanks!

Last edited by cmg_ff19; Mar 18, 09 at 5:22 pm
Old Mar 18, 09, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
There's almost no room for (inbound) delays. It can be a long walk between the gates. AA is close to the end of A concourse which is quite a haul from the security points/centre of the airport. AS usually uses the D concourse which is at the other end of the terminal pretty much. If all goes right and you walk fast (I'd say mininum of 10 minutes?), you will make it. Otherwise there's a petty good chance you'll miss the connection (or AA will bump you if you're not boarded ontime).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: