Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Driving the 101 Oregon/Washington

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2007, 7:07 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
So I guess we'll delete Aberdeen aka Hell

Have driven the SR1 several times and love it but have yet to find Sir Fancis Drakes buried treasure! Point Reyes is one of our favourites as well. Had an unforegettable encounter with an elephant seal a few years ago.

We've been to Eureka before, but didn't know then it was so close to Samoa so will have to visit.

In terms of lodgings for this part of the trip we'll be looking at Best Western or similar as we'll only be using the room to shower and sleep as we'll probably be leaving early and arriving late most days

The reason for staying in Manzanita is that my wife fancies staying on of the boat motels that she read about even though she gets sea sick on the cross channel ferry. I'm planning on trying the Super Ferry in Hawaii later this year - that should be a real test for her sea legs
Old Mar 8, 2007, 10:19 am

Oregon Sand Dunes

I would highly, highly recommend renting a 3 or 4-wheeler at the Oregon Sand Dunes. This was the highlight of my driving trip from Vancouver, BC to S.F. about 9 years ago. More info here

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/siuslaw/recr...g/oregondunes/
Old Mar 8, 2007, 12:43 pm

Fort Clatsop National Memorial, near Astoria, is where Lewis and Clark ended their voyage of discovery of the Louisiana Purchase in the early 1800's. It is a unit of the national park system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.