Consolidated "Tucson Restaurants" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Tucson Restaurants" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2016, 11:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Voted against Mexican in favor of Italian in Tucson Arizona? Wow...
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
Voted against Mexican in favor of Italian in Tucson Arizona? Wow...
I know - two people just don't like Mexican food and were unwilling to "experiment". But you really should try Vivace. Bonus - big picture window with beautiful view of the mountains.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by JerryFF
I know - two people just don't like Mexican food and were unwilling to "experiment". But you really should try Vivace. Bonus - big picture window with beautiful view of the mountains.
The unadventureous nature of far too many Americans in concern to dining never ceases to amaze me.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 5:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Originally Posted by zansu
Bistro Zin is morphing into a gourmet hamburger place (same owners), and should be open soon. The liquor license application is posted and they're hiring.

I really miss Zin, but I'm hoping the new place is as good.

I also love Acacia.
I know this post was from '08 but I ate at Zinburger east river road location in March. Was good, not great. A little on the pricy side.

Another place that was good was Brother Johns Beer, barbecue and Bourbon. (Located in the old Cat House). Good barbecue and great selection of beer.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by kklems
I know this post was from '08 but I ate at Zinburger east river road location in March. Was good, not great. A little on the pricy side.

Another place that was good was Brother Johns Beer, barbecue and Bourbon. (Located in the old Cat House). Good barbecue and great selection of beer.
I refuse to give business to anything that replaced the cat house!
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
I had the exact same opinion about the Grant/Wilmot location. I'd go back, but they don't really stand out. Main reason we went is because they have a dog friendly patio and we had a friendly dog with us.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Zinburger is a chain, there's one here in Gilbert where I live.

I echo the same sentiment. Expensive. Food is good, but not mindblowing, especially for the money. I don't really care for the Gilbert location, the ambiance is very sterile. Since the building is built to be opened up when the weather is nice, you sort of feel like you're eating dinner in someone's garage.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by WRCSolberg
you sort of feel like you're eating dinner in someone's garage.
If you want to eat in a real garage then go to the El Guero Canelo at 51st and McDowell. It used to be a Discount Tire and hasn't really changed that much. Also much much cheaper than Zinburger
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Originally Posted by Lost
If you want to eat in a real garage then go to the El Guero Canelo at 51st and McDowell. It used to be a Discount Tire and hasn't really changed that much. Also much much cheaper than Zinburger
How is the chow at the EGC in Phoenix? Is it the same quality as down in Tucson?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Wilbur
How is the chow at the EGC in Phoenix? Is it the same quality as down in Tucson?
Yeah, exactly the same great food. Bigger than the one on Oracle. Parking lot is a tight squeeze.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by WRCSolberg
Zinburger is a chain, there's one here in Gilbert where I live.
When I saw Zinburger, I kind of did to myself, as I've seen it in Gilbert and I possibly elsewhere.

I did scan this thread and don't think I saw it mentioned, but I ate at Feast once while in Tucson for work, and would highly recommend it. It was a few years ago, so things could have changed.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:26 am

Since it's been bumped, I'll second (third?) Cafe Poca Cosa.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
I refuse to give business to anything that replaced the cat house!
Ok, so I just visited Tucson for the first time in quite a while. A college friend insisted on Brother Johns and it was a fantastic place to eat. It is so crazy to look at the place and try and imagine the Wildcat House!

They even have one of the gogo dancer cages on the outdoor patio as a nod to all of us oldschoolers that remember that building's roots.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Thanks to these suggestions my sister and I just sat down at Cafe Poca Cosa. Put in an order for a Con Fuego Margarita.

Just arrived- quite spicy indeed.

The Sonoran dogs might be a decent snack later
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.