Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

The Moment We've All Been Waiting For....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2003, 12:56 pm
gba
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold

According to this morning's (5/31) Seattle Times (page B3, I think), a new non-sterile corridor has been completed allowing international passengers who are not connecting to other flights to clear customs and travel from the south satellite to the baggage claim in the main terminal WITHOUT having to re-clear security. This will be advantagous to most travelers as 80% of international traffic at Sea-Tac is O&D.

Hooray!
Old Jun 3, 2003, 10:59 pm

Has anyone actually seen how this works? Does the corridor put them on a special car on the train? It seems to me that to make this work, the corridor would bypass the train system altogether.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 4:35 pm

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
As asked by me on the AS forum:

But what prevents the unchecked passengers from getting off the train at the stop at the end of the B-pier? Or have they reversed the train's direction so that it goes to the main terminal first after leaving South Sattelite?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.