Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin SeaTac

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2003, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Westin SeaTac

In 1998, King County had a press release that there would be a new hotel constructed at the airport. Does anyone know what happened to this project? It was to open in summer 2000.

http://www.metrokc.gov/exec/news/1998/111098nr1.htm
Old Apr 1, 2003, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold, UA 1MM
The hotel proposal has been dropped - future terminal expansion to the north will more likely occupy the space.
Old Apr 2, 2003, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Too bad... I realize that SEA isn't geographically the greatest hub. But it certainly would be nice to take a 6:00a flight and get there the night before. There are other hotels on International Drive, but it requires a cab or hotel shuttle--meaning you can't just walk down to the terminal. Sigh.
Old Apr 4, 2003, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Actually, there are a few hotels that are very walkable, at least to the A when rebuilt, B and South satellite. The Westcoast/Coast hotel can't be more than 5 minutes away and the Doubletree (and another one I which name I forget) can't be more than 10.
Old Apr 30, 2003, 11:10 pm

Actually, the Wyndham is the closest, a less than 5 minute walk from the baggage claim exit doors. Within 21 days, try their webrates...for early flights, I have stayed there for an average of $41 a night on Friday nights. Nice hotel, right at the end of the entrance to SeaTac. Stay -n- fly parking is available at $8.50 per calendar day, night of stay parking is free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.