Search

Mitsuwa Marketplaces w/Japanese food courts in them

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2003, 9:26 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Mitsuwa Marketplaces w/Japanese food courts in them

I just wrote up a review about our local Mitsuwa store and went to reference their website for my post. I was surprised to learn they have 6 locations in California.

If the stores are like the one here in Chicago, it is well worth your time to check them out and eat at the food courts.

http://www.mitsuwa.com/
Old Mar 11, 2003, 2:27 am

Programs: None, but flying a lot more Delta these days
I've been to the one in San Jose a few times, very nice and has a Kinokuniya bookstore attached as well as a large japanese video rental section.

I don't recall it having a food court though. Its certainly possible that I'm not remembering correctly though.

Now Uwajimaya in Seattle, that's an impressive japanese market, though I was extremely disappointed in the Beaverton, Oregon store.
Old Apr 18, 2003, 11:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by carlhaynes:
Now Uwajimaya in Seattle, that's an impressive japanese market, though I was extremely disappointed in the Beaverton, Oregon store.</font>
Why?
Old Apr 23, 2003, 10:22 am

Programs: None, but flying a lot more Delta these days
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by essxjay:
Why?</font>
I didn't think it was nearly as nice as the Seattle one. I thought it was much smaller and didn't have nearly the variety nor the freshness of the produce.

I was probably too harsh in my statement though and probably just because I was in the Seattle store just a few days before I visited the Beaverton one.
Old Apr 28, 2003, 8:43 pm

The Mitsuwa in Torrance, CA is fantastic. I went there a couple of years ago to buy rail tickets from JTB for my trip to Japan, and spent the entire afternoon just walking around sampling food and buying random things. The Mitsuwa in Little Tokyo is also good.
Old May 4, 2003, 2:58 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by carlhaynes:
I didn't think it was nearly as nice as the Seattle one. I thought it was much smaller and didn't have nearly the variety nor the freshness of the produce.
</font>
You're right about the Seattle store being pretty fantastic. It's hard to beat it. But I've never had produce that wasn't super fresh. Then again I go all the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.