Dude Ranch (or similar) reccos?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2023, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD, Starwood/Marriott/RC, Hertz, Avis, AmXP, DC, etc.

My brother and his 17-year old daughter are looking to plan a vacation in March that includes: ATV rentals (not just a 2-hr tour), gun range (they are experienced gun users), horseback riding, hiking, lodging. Preferably western US.

Any suggestions, or referrals to TAs who have experience with this type of travel?

Thanks!
Old Dec 9, 2023, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA silver; Wyndham platinum; OneKey platinum; Choice Gold
Perhaps your brother has already discovered:

https://www.duderanch.com/?_ranch_ac...skeet-shooting

Many dude ranches will be closed in March (eg. ones near Yellowstone, where I used to live). I'd personally think about going to southern or central Arizona. In March, a dude ranch (or anything else) in the high desert can be very cold at night. Dude ranches are often aimed at families with children younger than 17 and concentrate specifically on horse riding. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything other than a dude ranch that might have the combination of activities your brother is looking for ("resorts" are likely to concentrate on golf). It might be necessary to stay in a hotel and arrange the activities separately.
albie likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 9:15 am

It's not a perfect fit, but it might tick some boxes to check out Red Cliffs Lodge near Moab. I'm not sure about March, but Red Cliffs offered horseback riding in summer that was great and more challenging that many rides (rocky and steep terrain in places), and some of the rooms back up to where the horses wander by at certain times of day if that's a draw. There are lots of activities to peruse on their website too.
albie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.