Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHX - Barrio Cafe?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2023, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

PHX - Barrio Cafe?

I'll have two and half hours around lunch time transiting through PHX next week. I've eaten at the Barrio Cafe in Phoenix, but am curious if the outlet at the airport is good ((if they are still related since there is no longer any mention of the airport on the Barrio Cafe website)? Or other recommendations for tacos/Mexican food? Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 10:32 am

Programs: UA *Alliance
Depending on the time, or day because they're closed on Sundays, I would recommend Carolina's just off the airport on Mohave.
Best tortillas in Phoenix.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ftmsb
I'll have two and half hours around lunch time transiting through PHX next week. I've eaten at the Barrio Cafe in Phoenix, but am curious if the outlet at the airport is good ((if they are still related since there is no longer any mention of the airport on the Barrio Cafe website)? Or other recommendations for tacos/Mexican food? Thanks in advance.
It's not the same owner as the one on 16th St. Well, it was, she wanted to expand, and that didn't work out, she was bought out of the other "barrio cafe's" in PHX even the one at the airport. There are other find places to eat at the airport, which Terminal are you at?

Originally Posted by SWCPHX
Depending on the time, or day because they're closed on Sundays, I would recommend Carolina's just off the airport on Mohave.
Best tortillas in Phoenix.
I wouldn't leave the airport, but Carolina's on Mohave is my favorite place, next to Cocina Madrigal's

Last edited by cblaisd; Dec 7, 2023 at 12:12 pm Reason: merged poster's two consecutive posts
Old Dec 7, 2023, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I used to regularly eat at Carolina’s on 12 th st and Mohave. Always looked a bit run down, but super busy at lunch. You’d see high level city officers eating here, even.

I guess you could Uber there easily enough.

I know the Carolinas by my house, now has a great Big Meal Deal for $39.95. Get a mix of 15 items. Shredded beef tacos, chicken tacos or bean burritos. I like the cheese tortilla (quesadilla) with machaca beef, carne asada burrito and of course the beef tacos.
Wilbur likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all. We did not leave the airport--not enough time--but did end up eating at the Bario Cafe in Terminal 4. I can't speak to how it holds up compared to other options at PHX, but we both enjoyed our tacos. Perhaps this was helped by the house margarita? In any case, it was better than most airport dining I've run across in recent memory.
aztimm likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.