CLEAR comes to PHX

Old Jul 15, 18, 9:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
CLEAR comes to PHX

I received an email saying that PHX Terminal 4 now has CLEAR service (for quicker TSA airport security), with Terminals 2 and 3 scheduled to get CLEAR by later this summer. Can anyone tell me which major airlines use which terminals? I assume that terminals aren't connected airside.

Also, has the road construction at PHX been completed? Vehicle traffic was a total mess the last time I was there (maybe two years ago). What's the current setup for major rental car agencies? Are cars in the garage (near Terminals 2-3?) or are shuttle buses to the rental lots used here?
Old Jul 17, 18, 10:10 pm

Programs: WN F9 UA AA IHG HH MR
Terminal 4 is home to AA, WN, and non-US based airlines. There are seven concourses that are all connected airside.

Here is a list of all airline locations.

You must leave security to move between T4,T3, and T2.. Airport train from T4 to T3 then walk to T2.

Car rentals are in a central building about a 12 minute ride from the terminals using common airport buses.

There seems to always be road construction.
Old Jul 23, 18, 1:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's curious that the CLEAR website no longer says anything about PHX Terminals 2 and 3, just that Terminal 4 now has CLEAR. I wonder whether this means an indefinite/permanent delay versus the earlier announcement that CLEAR would also be in these terminals by the end of the summer.

Does anyone know what's happening, for instance any indication at the airport that CLEAR lines are being installed in other terminals? Or can someone ask CLEAR personnel at Termianl 4?

Given DL's connection to CLEAR, I would have expected the terminal serving DL to get CLEAR first.
Old Jul 25, 18, 6:39 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, SPG LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Does anyone know what's happening, for instance any indication at the airport that CLEAR lines are being installed in other terminals?
No sign of impending startup of CLEAR at T2 security yesterday.
Old Sep 12, 18, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MMô, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
Terminal 3 Clear is up and running.

Search this Thread