The "PHX SkyTrain" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
The "PHX SkyTrain" thread

Hi All,

PHX SkyTrain will have be final preparation tested, and it will take approximately 30 to 45 days. When they have a official date to be set. Right now, it still being tested. They have to make sure it is everything is perfect.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...e-not-set.html

Try to be more patiently. Please keep update it.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

PHX SkyTrain opening on Apr 8, 2013

Finally!!! Just about time!! The PHX SkyTrain will opening on Apr 8, 2013. About 2 1/2 weeks away. This is first phase I from Metro Light Rail to East Economy Lots, and then Terminal 4 station as well.

http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/ph...to-open-apr-8/

Later on, they will extended to Terminal 3 is scheduled to opened sometime in early 2015.

Hope you have a great ride.

So anyways, enjoy a ride.

Who want to be on inauguration?
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:32 am

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to using it when in PHX.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum,AS MVP
Originally Posted by N830MH
Finally!!! Just about time!! The PHX SkyTrain will opening on Apr 8, 2013. About 2 1/2 weeks away. This is first phase I from Metro Light Rail to East Economy Lots, and then Terminal 4 station as well.
Thanks, my upcoming April 13th flight to PHX is saved.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
A welcome improvement over the shuttle bus, which required crossing a busy street from the light rail station to access. Question, I noticed the Skytrain will run 24 hours a day, but the light rail system does not. Are there 24/7 bus routes that also serve the light rail station at 44th/Washington? If not, there would seem to be a lot of empty Skytrains running in the overnight hours.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Phoenix readies train to move Sky Harbor airport passengers

http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...html#protected

About 10 more days left to go. Getting ready!!! I can't wait!!! I bet you guys are very exciting to get onto new PHX SkyTrain. The terminal shuttle bus will be elimination by noon to prior opens new PHX SkyTrain station.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 9:07 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by fairviewroad
Are there 24/7 bus routes that also serve the light rail station at 44th/Washington? If not, there would seem to be a lot of empty Skytrains running in the overnight hours.
Off the top of my head, I'd say no, but I'm sure I could be wrong. There are a couple of bus routes down Washington St, mostly to get people between stops of the light rail to the next stop.

There are some hotels and restaurants right near 44th St/Wash though. If the Skytrain is open, you could take it over to grab something to eat, and probably save the airport surcharge on a cab.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by fairviewroad
there would seem to be a lot of empty Skytrains running in the overnight hours.
The skytrain will need to run during the night to service the east economy lot and garages. Since the current shuttle bus makes numerous stops in the surface lot, I wonder if the airport will continue a circulator bus in that lot; otherwise it's going to be a long walk from the station to far reaches of the lot.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aztimm
Off the top of my head, I'd say no, but I'm sure I could be wrong. There are a couple of bus routes down Washington St, mostly to get people between stops of the light rail to the next stop.
Yes, they have route 44 & route 1. Those buses will be at PHX SkyTrain station. If you go on route 44 north. You have be there at bus stop near Circle K. If you go on route 1 eastbound to Phoenix Zoo. Also, route 13 are no longer going to Washington St & 44th St. This route will be end at Sky Harbor terminal 4.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

PHX Sky Train public art reflects Arizona spirit

http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...er_login_modal

I look those pictures and it's so beautiful! All I can say "WOW!". It's so gorgeous!! I am really like it lots. It's so incredible!!

Great job for college students!! You earned it! ^^^

Congratulations! You earned the medal.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: UA *Alliance
http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...er_login_modal

I look those pictures and it's so beautiful! All I can say "WOW!". It's so gorgeous!! I am really like it lots. It's so incredible!!

Great job for college students!! You earned it! ^^^

Congratulations! You earned the medal.
Just remember that $5.5 million dollars when the City says that they have to cut the hours or close a senior center or a swimming pool.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sky Train an example of airports' efforts to please travelers

Today is a big day....PHX SkyTrain is officially open at noon. The terminal shuttle bus will be elimination.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...rt-debuts.html

http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...amenities.html

Unfortunately, the weather isn't good enough. Because it was very strong high winds gusts. It was more than 60MPH. You have be careful out there and enjoy the ride.

Last edited by cblaisd; Apr 9, 2013 at 6:00 pm Reason: Fixed links
Old Apr 10, 2013, 6:57 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Today is a big day....PHX SkyTrain is officially open at noon. The terminal shuttle bus will be elimination.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...rt-debuts.html

http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...amenities.html

Unfortunately, the weather isn't good enough. Because it was very strong high winds gusts. It was more than 60MPH. You have be careful out there and enjoy the ride.
Thanks for posting.. never been to PHX but will be staying a few nights in January.. so if the sky train stops at 44th & Washington it is safe to say accessible to those area hotels that do not offer free shuttles ?
Old Apr 14, 2013, 9:35 am

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
That is $1.58 billion, yes BILLION dollars transferred from the bank accounts of Arizona citizens to the pockets of construction company owners via taxation in order to replicate the DFW SkytTrAAin to move passengers one mile.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
Originally Posted by duranza
Thanks for posting.. never been to PHX but will be staying a few nights in January.. so if the sky train stops at 44th & Washington it is safe to say accessible to those area hotels that do not offer free shuttles ?
Which hotel specifically? Most of the area hotels have shuttles to my knowledge. There are other hotels in downtown PHX that would be easy walks from the downtown stops. I would certainly not want to walk all the way up to Van Buren from the light rail stop in the middle of the night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.