Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fourth of July in Washington (state)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2010, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Fourth of July in Washington (state)

We're flying into Portland in late June, and then out of Seattle July 7. We'll spend a few days in Portland, seeing the sights and looking around to see if we want to move there in the future. Before we fly out of Seattle I'd like to see, briefly, either Mt. Rainier or Olympic N.P., but first where to spend the Fourth of July? At first I thought of Portland or Vancouver (Wash.), but then started thinking smaller, for the atmosphere on a holiday (lived in Washington, DC for several years and saw the big city celebrations there). What about Longview or Olympia? Other small towns that have fireworks displays (I realize not all do)? I do realize that many vacation destinations will be filled over the holiday weekend, so I won't try to hit either of the parks until the 5th.
Old May 14, 2010, 7:34 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Personally, I think the July 4th weekend is one of the most fun here in Seattle. Not only fireworks (the city "rescued" them for this year) but loads of activities on the water, community parades, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.