Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Any way to convert miles from amex to Velocity?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2009, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

I have points with amex that i'd like to get to a Velocity account. Anyone have a strategy for this. I have a Sydney address from which I registered for Velocity. Amex allows transfers to Virgin's Flying club but not to Velocity which seems to be intended for Australians.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat
http://www.webflyer.com/programs/mileage_converter/ is the best converter I know but does not appear to list Velocity.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 11:28 pm

Velocity is partnered with Amex in Australia and the facility exists to do a direct transfer from Australian issued cards.

You do not state where your Amex is issued, presumably not Australia?

Do you specifically wish to transfer points to Velocity, or are you more interested in redeeming flights on Virgin Blue? Emirates are partnered with Virgin Blue – if you can transfer points into a Skywards program you should be able to obtain an award flight on DJ if that is the ultimate goal.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 1:00 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
You would probably get a better response to this question in the "Other Asian, Australian and South Pacific Frequent Flyer Programs" (sic) forum, rather than Virgin Atlantic.

Nick
Old Jun 4, 2009, 2:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
And with those wise words, I'm going to shuffle this off into the 'Other Asian, Australian and South Pacific Frequent Flyer Programs' where it should more properly reside.

Jenbel
Co-moderator, Virgin Flying Club

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.