Community
Wiki Posts
Search

V Australia

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2009, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Smile V Australia

Hi there, I am unsure where to post this as there is no thread for the new V Australia airline (run by virgin).
I got a FANTASTIC deal.....Melbourne Australia, to LA in premium economy for AU $1900! I usually fly with Air New Zealand in PE for around $4000!! Can't believe how cheap it is!! And it is a direct flight, no stopovers YAY!! Seating looks good....we have a two seat configuration, leather seats, a free bar you can go by and get a drinkie or two! It seems too good to be true for the price...apparently it was an introductory offer. I just hope it is as good as Air New Zealand! Has anyone on here experienced this new airline yet??
Old Apr 13, 2009, 8:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
youngaussienurse, I'm going to move this over to the Other Asian, Australian and South Pacific forum, which is the appropriate forum for threads about Virgin Australia.

Jenbel
Co-moderator, Virgin Flying Club
Old Apr 14, 2009, 3:24 am

Programs: my name is SANDRA
hi i heard of the V australia new low cost domestic plane that will beging later in the year..
That is good news. But i allready checked out how the symbole looks like. I tell you it kinder looks out of date like old classic symbol and strangely V australia has a strange long tail where it says V.

Is that the symbole and colour they will go ahead or will it be more graphical and mroe modern design colours ans letters ? Just notice it looks like old 80's graphic looks.

Sandra
Old Apr 15, 2009, 2:35 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Originally Posted by ansettlad
hi i heard of the V australia new low cost domestic plane that will beging later in the year..
V Australia are a FULL SERVICE, PREMIUM long haul carrier.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by AN_Boy
V Australia are a FULL SERVICE, PREMIUM long haul carrier.
Oh allright. I just heard that the plane will beging small routes and aventualy end s up all states such as queensland to melbourne and so on. But if im not mistaken they indicated they will beging with SYD to MELB routes

I think tis great to see another airline that does not belong with qantas.. qantas allready has another aircraft called JETSTAR

But V australia does not apeal a great looks. It looks out of fashion
Now if im mistaken from V australia 's the tiger airways perhaps tigerairways is the new airline in australia. Just confused whats out there. Theres this new plane called tiger airways and that it will go around australia its routing base. domestic.

But V australia the colour graphics on the plane is very much out of date style. I seriously think V australia needs to change better more vibrant looks more interesting looks. It just looks quite simple and unusual.

What do you call that long thing on the back ? where it says V in a large letter ? the tail ? well thats what i mean if you look at the plane it dosnt look that a pealing. I just know about this because im a graphics designer and that i did some projects for this sort of things for a aircraft competition but i never won since there was well and truely 3,000 people applications to show thier talent and grahics.

Please correct me if what i indicated is wrong information
preciated that
sandra
Old Apr 15, 2009, 3:16 pm

V Australia fly from

Sydney to Los Angeles
Brisbane to Los Angeles

and soon Melbourne to Los Angeles. You can see their site at www.vaustralia.com

they are NOT a domestic carrier.

Here is their livery http://www.airliners.net/photo/V-Aus...-ER/1491240/M/

Which I think looks great - the "thing" on the tail is the Southern Cross.

you may be thinking of Tiger? They are low cost airline like Ryanair and they fly domestically within Australia.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 5:26 am

V Australia fly from

Sydney to Los Angeles
Brisbane to Los Angeles

and soon Melbourne to Los Angeles. You can see their site at www.vaustralia.com

they are NOT a domestic carrier.

Here is their livery http://www.airliners.net/photo/V-Aus...-ER/1491240/M/

Which I think looks great - the "thing" on the tail is the Southern Cross.

you may be thinking of Tiger? They are low cost airline like Ryanair and they fly domestically within Australia.

Hi AN boy
Yes you are right i got mix up with the Tiger airways and V australia. Yes V australia is a new airline correct ? and flys overseas and it is australian own company. Actualy the looks of the plane of the graphics red colour with the white stars on it does remind me the good old ANSETT AUSTRALIA. Look for the old pictures of the 2000's where it shows the stars with a big A on it.

This V australia just shows red with white stars. They could of colour it blue making it more like the good old ansett australia airline.

For Tiger airways yeah i think thats what i was thinking they are to beging soon but starting from SYD to MELB ? and later aventualy the routes will be be gathered for tiger airways.

Not sure how good tiger airways is and its interior.

What i do know is Qantas has another plane company called Jetstar. Jetstar does go to victoria but not melbourne domestic airport only just to avalon. I think 1 hour or so away from the city.
And i see that Jetstar has beautiful quality leather seats. and that once you hope in you feel like your in a premium class seat because its very spaciouse and very confortable considering its leather cousy seats not like qantas with hard seats. I end up putting a small pillow on the back and buttom course thats how its never soft when you seat down

Okies just had the V australia and tiger airways mix up before. Sorry about that

you take care
Old Apr 16, 2009, 5:48 am

Hi Actualy the looks of the plane of the graphics red colour with the white stars on it does remind me the good old ANSETT AUSTRALIA.

Turn the last Ansett logo upside down and you get a V with a southern cross... the irony....
Old Apr 17, 2009, 1:33 am

Turn the last Ansett logo upside down and you get a V with a southern cross... the irony....
Hello An boy great to see you around hehe yes you are right there. If you turn the V upside down you get A on the tail and then you could call it good old welcome back ansett australia

I wish ansett australiaa was around unfortunaly the money was dead for them.

Aniways i hope V australia becomes succese international. I dont no much about V australia but is this aviation owns by qantas or virgin blue or stand alone new airline ?

It took some time to understand that Jetstar was actualy owns by qantas and qantas just had another companie created for that and it is not really a stand alone company for jetstar.

So with the V australia as i was saying the tail look unusual it looks very stretch if you see it on these photos online.. Oh though suppose it does look like the plane is streetch long but the tail is unusual to what ather stand alone airlines are out there. Thats why with my expression i believe V australia has a out of date look alike specialy a standard type finish colour on the plane. I been a graphics designer nows whats good and whats different and i suppose thats the part of the art involved when you like something or you don't

But would had been fantastic V australia as a blue color. And how come it is called V ? what does V standards for in this company. Surely it has to be something to make up something for this company,

And finaly please correct me if imw rong but is V australia allready flying or not yet ? Ill see if i can fine pictures of the inside interior of this V australia airline.

take care
Sandra
Old Apr 17, 2009, 1:47 am

Hi Ansettlad....

the V stands for VIRGIN... it is 100% owned by Virgin Blue.

Actually its name is Virgin Blue international Airlines.... trading as V Australia.

Here is a link to a cabin walk through... it looks nice indeed

http://www.vaustralia.com.au/apps/va...ugh/index.html
Old Apr 17, 2009, 2:16 am

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
And finaly please correct me if imw rong but is V australia allready flying or not yet ? Ill see if i can fine pictures of the inside interior of this V australia airline.

take care
Sandra
Yes services started in late Feb SYD-LAX

BNE-LAX commenced 8th April

MEL-LAX is starting early Sept I believe.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 3:56 am

Hi Ansettlad....

the V stands for VIRGIN... it is 100% owned by Virgin Blue.

Actually its name is Virgin Blue international Airlines.... trading as V Australia.

Here is a link to a cabin walk through... it looks nice indeed

http://www.vaustralia.com.au/apps/va...ugh/index.html
Hey An boy Thanks for that information. I never new that but... i did had the feeling if V australia was part of virginblue. So it was.

Qantas owns jetstar and they created it. While virginblue is expanding its business that now they have created V australia.

Why dont a company creates a stand alone airline ? Is tigerairways a solo company or is it part of qantas and virgin ? Actually tiger airways will commince later in the year.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 7:26 am

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus Lifetime, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Hey An boy Thanks for that information. I never new that but... i did had the feeling if V australia was part of virginblue. So it was.

Qantas owns jetstar and they created it. While virginblue is expanding its business that now they have created V australia.

Why dont a company creates a stand alone airline ? Is tigerairways a solo company or is it part of qantas and virgin ? Actually tiger airways will commince later in the year.
Tiger Airways is not part of Qantas or Virgin. However, it's not really a solo company too, being mainly owned by the Singaporean holding company. Singapore Airlines is the main shareholder of that company.

The aircraft are very new and the airline operates very much a low cost model. In Melbourne, they have a separate terminal and I was pleasantly surprised with the timeliness and smoothness of the flight I took with them given that they are much cheaper than the competition.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 2:27 am

Here is their latest TV ad

http://www.youtube.com/profile?v=nym...=flyVAustralia

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.