Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How is V Australia Doing So Far?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2009, 11:20 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by BearX220
as predicting LAX-SYD market share by the end of 2009 will parcel out as follows: QF, 50 percent, UA and VA, 21 percent each; DL, 8 percent.
I guess the analyst is just referring to the direct flights, but I'd be surprised if NZ don't have at least some LAX-SYD traffic via AKL. Also, to be meaningful indication of VA's success given they have/will have flights BNE/MEL-LAX wouldn't a more pertinent statistic be overall share of LAX/SFO-SYD/MEL/BNE traffic?
Old Jul 18, 2009, 4:07 pm

Programs: QFF GOLD
i really would like to try V Australia... one day

Anyone got anymore up to date info about how well they are going?
How is the BNE- LAX going?

Cheers

TAZ MAN
Old Jul 19, 2009, 7:45 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Any trip reports for J ?

I am travelling to the USA soon and have the choice of NZ, VA or DL.

At the moment VA has the edge for me due to FF points
Having flown NZ before I know what they are like

So what is VA like up the front ?
Old Jul 19, 2009, 3:47 pm

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
I think there was a positive review over on AFF.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 5:38 pm

The load factor among Qantas, United and V Australia, were discussed in a thread under DELTA/Skymile Program:

"July 18, 2009
DELTA AIR LINES will reduce flights between Australia and the US for three months, two weeks after launching services, amid intense competition on the route.

In an embarrassing decision, the world's largest airline has blamed the reduction of its daily service to six flights a week between September 6 and December 6 on the need to carry out maintenance on one of its long-haul Boeing 777s.
<snip>
Government figures released this week show that Virgin's long-haul carrier, V Australia, filled on average 57 per cent of the seats on each flight in April. Qantas fared much better with 82 per cent and United 78 per cent.... "

You can draw your own conclusion.

Last edited by oldtimer; Jul 19, 2009 at 5:39 pm Reason: To correct typo
Old Jul 19, 2009, 5:45 pm

Actually the load was 51% for inbound and 62% for outbound in the month of April. Not bad considering it is their 2nd full month of operating.

I'd expect May (traditionally a poor month) to be similar, however I expect the June figures to be quite high. Their flights came out full on several occasions and loads were quite high from what I have heard.

For those interested here is a link to the stats

http://www.bitre.gov.au/info.aspx?Re...211&NodeId=103
Old Sep 12, 2009, 4:05 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Latest news from an insider is that staff travel is being curtailed because the normal loads are excellent from BNE. If planes are full with paying passengers and you go standby then I guess you remain standing (by).
Old Sep 13, 2009, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
Latest news from an insider is that staff travel is being curtailed because the normal loads are excellent from BNE. If planes are full with paying passengers and you go standby then I guess you remain standing (by).
Well from my recent US Adventure on this route, certainly not the case. Although it was a Tuesday and the load was around 30%. Fair few in PE though.

Hows the Sydney service going? In Particular dead days like Tue/Wed?
Old Sep 13, 2009, 4:07 am

Given all the cutbacks to flights from SYD & BNE and major changes and delays for the MEL flights, I know of many people & travel agents who won't bother with V Australia anymore.

They have frustrated thousands of customers who will never return to them again.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 1:10 pm

Just completed a J trip LAX-SYD. Have to say it was one of the best flights I have done in J. Service could not be faulted, food was great and the general ambience of the cabin is also great. Have some pics and a TR to post later this week.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 4:28 pm

While their service and food may be nice in J, they still cannot work out what times to leave their flights.

Yet more changes to the MEL/BNE-LAX departure and arrival times

Also from March the MEL-LAX flights goes to
Depart 21:30 Melbourne Arrive 18:00 Los Angeles

Basically impossible to get any flights out of LAX to other destinations in the USA at that hour, and it also means that you will be totally exhausted once you do get there!

You have spent the whole day awake in MEL,
Then 15 hours flying to LAX
Then 4 hours at LAX airport
Then a 22:10 departure to JFK (for example) which is 5 1/2 hours
Arriving into JFK at 6:30am

Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Grace B
Well I certainly have, AN_Boy.

A lazier, more obnoxious bunch of FA's you couldn't hope to meet (well, maybe apart from on UA).

They are selected on their ability to inhabit the Big brother house, rather than any semblance of customer service.

Sounds exactly as my own experience below with them by phone before I even have flown !

Originally Posted by Travelomania
By sheer coincidence I checked their website last night for another flight/routing and discovered that my upcoming ticketed non-stop flights LAX-MEL-LAX on VA 12 & 11 no longer exist !
Never received any messages or email about cancellation.
Called and this was confirmed without any apology.

As a brand new airline, this lack of customer service and even a sign of basic courtesy is inexcusable and I'm really, really inconvenienced by this.

Originally Posted by AN_Boy
Check your facts

VA have postponed MEL-LAX from 15 SEP to 1 DEC.... from then it is twice weekly non stop.

NOT cancelled all together.

These are my facts !
IMHO "no longer exists" means cancelled.
Possible start of limited service on December 1st, as I stated in prior post.
Originally Posted by AndDee
Given all the cutbacks to flights from SYD & BNE and major changes and delays for the MEL flights, I know of many people & travel agents who won't bother with V Australia anymore.

They have frustrated thousands of customers who will never return to them again.
Including ME and - mind you - I still have yet to receive a message about all the changes to my itinerary !

What a way to introduce yourself to the world - leave unsuspecting customers helplessly stranded @ LAX !

Originally Posted by AndDee
While their service and food may be nice in J, they still cannot work out what times to leave their flights.

Yet more changes to the MEL/BNE-LAX departure and arrival times

Also from March the MEL-LAX flights goes to
Depart 21:30 Melbourne Arrive 18:00 Los Angeles

Basically impossible to get any flights out of LAX to other destinations in the USA at that hour, and it also means that you will be totally exhausted once you do get there!

You have spent the whole day awake in MEL,
Then 15 hours flying to LAX
Then 4 hours at LAX airport
Then a 22:10 departure to JFK (for example) which is 5 1/2 hours
Arriving into JFK at 6:30am

Exactly - good point !
Old Apr 11, 2010, 3:28 am

Cool

V Australia have had some problems achieving their timetables during mar/apr 2010.

Flights in Nadi where affected first and then this rippled through to Phuket, JoBurg, and LAX.

They have had another problem in Phuket which has rippled through to JoBurg and a cancelled Melbourne/LAX flight.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 5:44 am

Well that is to be expected when they basically have no free hours in their schedule.

They will learn eventually!
Old Apr 16, 2010, 4:53 am

I hear (and experienced) Nadi is doing pretty poor, seems like too many seats now that JQ have joined the route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.