Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Question about trip insurance and V Australia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2009, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Hey all-

My hubbie and I have seats booked on an LAX-SYD on V Australia in early march (26 a-c on the way there, 28 a-c on the way back). Given some of the recent concern about potential cancellations due to the late delivery of aircraft, we are understandably worried about the airline canceling flights. We are not very flexible on budget or on timing, and if our flights are canceled or rescheduled, we may be forced to abandon the trip, leaving us holding onto bills for hotel rooms and other flights within Australia.

I would like to purchase some travel insurance to cover for this contingency and any non-refundable bills we may incur, but so far, I have been unable to find any policies that cover airline cancellation due to "not being ready". I've found cancellation coverage for weather, mechanical failure, strike, natural disaster, and financial collapse...but nothing that covers the delay of game that V AU may experience.

Anybody have any suggestions for me? I would be most grateful. Thanks!
Old Feb 14, 2009, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Hi Cheeseburger and welcome to FT

You don't need to worry about the non-availability of an aircraft - V Australia will reaccommodate you on another airline in the event they don't have their own aircraft. This is what they did during the last late delivery and all passengers were offered seats (no additional charge) on Qantas services.

Enjoy your flight.

Regards

lme ff
Old Feb 14, 2009, 11:15 am

Another reason why you shouldn't worry, VA already has their first aircraft. (See: CrankyFlier's post)
Old Feb 14, 2009, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
Ugh sucks to learn that Economy won't have power sources, which is different from what their site claimed.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Thx for the responses everybody. Good to know that we'll be rebooked on Qantas if it comes to that. Sucks that there aren't actually power outlets and that the site is lying about that.

On a related note, my husband and I did the Boeing factory tour in Seattle Saturday and saw the 2nd V Australia jet rolling out of the paint hangar looking completely finished. On the return leg of the tour it was nowhere to be found in the hangars or the lots -- delivered perhaps?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by cheeseburger
Thx for the responses everybody. Good to know that we'll be rebooked on Qantas if it comes to that. Sucks that there aren't actually power outlets and that the site is lying about that.
They likely didn't update all of their pages. It does mention no power in Y on the IFE page.

For seat info, you could check out the airline route updates blog for a description of the layout.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 12:47 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Smile

Originally Posted by cheeseburger
On a related note, my husband and I did the Boeing factory tour in Seattle Saturday and saw the 2nd V Australia jet rolling out of the paint hangar looking completely finished. On the return leg of the tour it was nowhere to be found in the hangars or the lots -- delivered perhaps?
It arrives in Brissie later this week I believe!

PLEASE write us a little review about the flights - Very interested to know what they are like!

I hope you have a great time in SYD (It is a great city)!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.