Search

Family pooling and partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2023, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat
Family pooling and partner airlines

Hi all,

Does family pooling also work with partner airlines?
i.e. Will I get status credits and points from family pooling when we are flying with SQ?

If so, strongly considering crediting all my upcoming SQ travel to Velocity. I'll have enough status credits to make platinum!

Thanks.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 11:08 pm

Yes it does. Travelled earlier this year on SQ - everything got pooled (including bonus points for travel on SQ)
sydunipete and GenZ like this.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by manodeep
Yes it does. Travelled earlier this year on SQ - everything got pooled (including bonus points for travel on SQ)
Thanks, sounds good
Old Sep 18, 2023, 3:13 pm

Hi. I wasn't sure where to ask this question. And I hope it's allowed. Who are some good travel points blogs to follow for the Australian market? This is for my brother who just joined the Virgin Australia Velocity FF program. He lives in Sydney. Many thanks

Last edited by mingdoll; Sep 18, 2023 at 6:45 pm
Old Sep 18, 2023, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mingdoll
Hi. I wasn't sure where to ask this question. And I hope it's allowed. Who are some good travel hack bloggers to follow for the Australian market? This is for my brother who just joined the Virgin Australia Velocity FF program. He lives in Sydney. Many thanks
Travel hack bloggers and "good" are words that can not be associated. https://www.dictionary.com/browse/derision

Look here for a more AU focus--> https://www.australianfrequentflyer.com.au/community/
Old Sep 18, 2023, 6:44 pm

Ahhh ok. Thats for the education. Im based in Los Angeles, and am very familiar with the US travel points market. No idea about Aust. But thanks for pointing me in the right direction

** I updated the post to reflect the points/frequent flyer
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mingdoll
Ahhh ok. That's for the education. I'm based in Los Angeles, and am very familiar with the US travel points market. No idea about Aust. But thanks for pointing me in the right direction

** I updated the post to reflect the points/frequent flyer
Far less earning with credit cards. Do not get the big sign up bonus or earnings from spend like in USA. Are 4 large retail banks and a bunch of smaller banks. And Amex.
With VA & QF ff points/miles and status are distance based and not revenue based like AA, DL, UA.
VA has freq flyer partners including UA, AC & QR Qatar.
If your brother is from USA and only in Aussie for a few years would strongly recommend *not* crediting to any AU based ffp. Frequent (entitled) upgrades are not part of the Aussie frequent flyer experience. But mid-top status will get lounge access, so better than USA ffp's.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Sep 18, 2023 at 9:53 pm
Old Sep 19, 2023, 5:09 am

My brother is Australian. And I'm the lucky one living in the US, I get all the benefits and am AA exec plat. The terrible shape of Qanats is what made him jump ship. But I thank you and will pass on this info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.