Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access in BNE Intl

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2023, 1:39 pm
smn
Original Poster

Lounge Access in BNE Intl

Flying next week to NAN on VA (economy) connecting in BNE. We will be coming from YVR on AC in Business Class, however the ticket is a UA award ticket.

I'm assuming I won't be able to use the SIlverKris or NZ lounges, since departing flight isn't *A (even though i'm on *A business class ticket and *G). Any other options for lounge access?

*Clarification - The entire trip is on a single ticket - not a seperate ticket.

Last edited by smn; Apr 13, 2023 at 1:56 pm
Old Apr 13, 2023, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smn
Flying next week to NAN on VA (economy) connecting in BNE. We will be coming from YVR on AC in Business Class, however the ticket is a UA award ticket.

I'm assuming I won't be able to use the SIlverKris or NZ lounges, since departing flight isn't *A (even though i'm on *A business class ticket and *G). Any other options for lounge access?
No airport in Australia has an airline arrival lounge.
Flying VA economy will not get you into any alliance departure lounge.
Check if any credit card you have has lounge access.

https://www.bne.com.au/passenger/sho...xplore/lounges
Pay for entry-- https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...isbane-airport

Edit
Even flying business class on a VA international flight would not give you lounge access.
https://www.virginaustralia.com/nz/e...irport/lounge/
International Lounge access when travelling on an international Virgin Australia operated flight
  • Virgin Australia do not currently operate any international lounges at any international departure port. *
  • If you are travelling on a partner airline operated flight, you may have access to one of our partner airline operated lounges
  • For up-to-date information on partner airline operated lounges such as availability and eligibility, please check here
*Eligible guests travelling with Virgin Australia internationally from Adelaide and the Gold Coast can use the domestic lounge as the international and domestic departures are located within the one terminal.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Apr 13, 2023 at 2:03 pm
Old Sep 17, 2023, 12:12 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Lounge access at Brisbane Airport. I am silver with a silver lounge access. I just read the terms and I noted it is only for the domestic lounge.
Can I use the voucher in the domestic lounge and then bus over to the international gate ?
Old Sep 20, 2023, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by Beano
Lounge access at Brisbane Airport. I am silver with a silver lounge access. I just read the terms and I noted it is only for the domestic lounge.
Can I use the voucher in the domestic lounge and then bus over to the international gate ?
No. Also it would just not be worth it anyhow. It's not a great airport generally and VA don't seem bothered in providing an international lounge despite having a fair few international departures. Also it's a bit of a walk from the central terminal area in departure area to the VA gates ...
Old Sep 21, 2023, 3:29 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by nivsy
No. Also it would just not be worth it anyhow. It's not a great airport generally and VA don't seem bothered in providing an international lounge despite having a fair few international departures. Also it's a bit of a walk from the central terminal area in departure area to the VA gates ...
VA snoozed on then there international return ex-BNE, and NZ seem to pickup gate 78/79/80 as there "new home"
Old Sep 23, 2023, 9:40 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Lounge at BNE

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
VA snoozed on then there international return ex-BNE, and NZ seem to pickup gate 78/79/80 as there "new home"
Does Virgin use the Aspire Airport Lounge by Gate 77 ?
This is a Priority Pass Lounge.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 11:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by Beano
Does Virgin use the Aspire Airport Lounge by Gate 77 ?
This is a Priority Pass Lounge.
I don't think so..and it looks not so.good (porta cabin like) when I passed it the other week. I could not see any Virgin Australia logo. My fight departed from Gate 74.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.