Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

some very poor load factors in school holidays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

some very poor load factors in school holidays

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2020, 7:36 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by OZFLYER86
Imagine a quiet news day.
In 2020?? 😂😂

If it is happening now, as you say, then post up the news stories from non-airline mainstream sources. I'll wait
lokijuh likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 10:13 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by OZFLYER86
I'm pretty sure the AU public in general DO care what VA's load factors are.
I would argue that whilst VA have been in administration (and seems still are), low numbers of passengers on specific flights would not be of much surprise, or much interest the public.

The big news was earlier in the year that the airline had gone into administration. Certainly it probably wouldn't do much more brand damage (in comparison to the initial brand damage when they went into administration).

Got to remember most of the public aren't quite as interested as to what is happening in the airline world, as FT'ers and the like are.

We can look forward to seeing what Bain have in store once they get the keys, in the meantime no doubt VA is still very much in a holding pattern (somewhere over Goulburn ).
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by lokijuh
Got to remember most of the public aren't quite as interested as to what is happening in the airline world, as FT'ers and the like are.
Exactly. And I'd say even that group isn't as interested as the OP thinks.

I'm a VA plat, with a ton of Velocity points. I care a lot about VA surviving. But I don't think load factors on one route are do or die for that. If I saw an article about that, I probably wouldn't even click on it. It's a weird time for travel and I don't expect everything to be going smoothly...
Old Oct 12, 2020, 8:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

talking to a guy who charters lots of aircraft & he said he went to virgin for a price & couldn't even get one, so went elsewhere.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 4:23 am

Programs: VA Plat QF Silv
VA is still in administration, which means whilst it is trading the administrators are unlikely to do anything other than run the required flights (which I understand to some extent underwritten by the Federal Government) and have the airline ready for when the sale completes. There is no real incentive for the administrators to do anything but run it as is (ie no need to open lounges, offer FF incentives, offer charters, be too concerned catering in J, worry about load factors etc) until the sale completes
CPMaverick likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.