Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possibility of VA to HKG from BNE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Possibility of VA to HKG from BNE

Hi all - Just want to hear your views on any possibility to see VA's flight from BNE to HKG in the near future?

Cheers.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I don't think they have the aircraft for it, and the current HKG routes seem not very full (if prices are any indication). Perhaps if it was at the expense of the MEL route, BNE could be an option. But I wouldn't expect it.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:35 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
I don't think they have the aircraft for it, and the current HKG routes seem not very full (if prices are any indication).
Pricing is never a great indication of an airlines seat utilisation, which on the Hong Kong route is actually the second highest of all their international destinations last month. Biggest problem is slots, and Melbourne is a bigger catchment for pax than Brisbane which is why they have the service.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by markis10

Pricing is never a great indication of an airlines seat utilisation, which on the Hong Kong route is actually the second highest of all their international destinations last month. Biggest problem is slots, and Melbourne is a bigger catchment for pax than Brisbane which is why they have the service.
But it is also the only one of two international desitnations that they fly widebodies into.

You're right about the planes, they have basically maxed out their widebody fleet.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
VA direct BNE to HKG

I hope they do not introduce the direct route
by flying through Melbourne and Sydney we get extra status points and have a nice meal in the etihad lounge
serfty likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:13 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Nugget_Oz
But it is also the only one of two international desitnations that they fly widebodies into.

You're right about the planes, they have basically maxed out their widebody fleet.
Seat utilisation is a measure that takes the plane size out of the equation, as its a % of available seats used, not a measure of the number of seats sold in total.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: Velocity & KrisFlyer
I wish they flew direct from Brisbane, but then my Velocity Status credits would suffer if this was the case. Whenever I fly from Brisbane to Hong Kong I need to be on the first SYD or MEL flight to make the connection. The connection is always really tight, especially in Sydney where the terminals are not connected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.