Wiki Posts
Search

Another domestic meal question BNE-DRW

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, UA
Another domestic meal question BNE-DRW

Flying VA 449 Brisbane to Darwin, 9:45-13:40. Would I get breakfast or lunch (or neither!)? Oddly there is nothing detailed in the itinerary.

Thanks
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:57 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Virgin do food not meals in economy, which means a snack that more often or not might be associated with a drinks service. If your in J you get a meal which will be time specific, with that timing likely to see a savoury pie or similar.
RTWFF and jczinn like this.

Last edited by markis10; Aug 29, 2018 at 6:01 pm
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, UA
Originally Posted by markis10
Virgin do food not meals in economy, which means a snack that more often or not might be associated with a drinks service. If our in J you get s meal which will be time specific, with that timing likely to see a savoury pie or similar.
okay thanks that's good to know, now I know to pick something up before the flight.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Note that VA do serve a meal on their longer flights such as SYD-PER. I don't think those to/from DRW are long enough.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:44 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by serfty
Note that VA do serve a meal on their longer flights such as SYD-PER. I don't think those to/from DRW are long enough.
It's more about what the market demands, not length. DRW-PER is as long as MEL-PER but gets a very different service. MEL-DRW is longer than MEL-PER, and almost as long as SYD-PER. But DRW flights just don't receive the same level of service as the competitive business markets in the triangle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.