Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Manual upgrade or does the computer system know?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Manual upgrade or does the computer system know?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2015, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Question Manual upgrade or does the computer system know?

If status points are posted late and the 12 months points dropoff on the exact day does the system (or can it be done manually fixed by the service team) the upgrade to platinum?

I can just make platinum based on the exact flight dates but if they are posted to the account a day or two late the 12 month drop off will cause a problem

The flights are virgin code share on a delta plane (which I read as being virgin qualifying sectors)
Old May 17, 2015, 5:54 pm

Programs: VAG
You should be fine. I recently had a similar experience, requalifying with flights which were either in or out of the membership year depending on what timezone you were in:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgi...wal-dates.html

This caused the website to say "We are currently assessing your activity for the membership year" (while still displaying my old status) for a couple of weeks but eventually I came through requalified with no problems.

Someone in the above thread suggested there was a few days' wiggle room anyway.

Anyway if the actual dates of your flights fall within the correct period then there should be no issue whatsoever.
Old May 17, 2015, 11:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You will be fine. If on the 1st of the month the points haven't credited there is no issue; you will maintain your current status for 1 month anyway. When the points credit then it will allow for your status to renew for the next year

In unlikely event that it doesn't happen automatically, a phone call will fix it up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.