Wiki Posts
Search

Precise cutoffs for renewal dates

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VAG
Precise cutoffs for renewal dates

I've just been looking at my Velocity account, and it seems that to maintain my status I'll need a few more status credits "by 05 April 2015".

Now, as luck would have it I was in fact already planning some travel which would put me over the line... which just happens to be on 04 April 2015. The only trouble is that it's SFO-LAX-SYD, so the timezones are really a factor.

The SFO-LAX flight will take place when it's already the 5th of April in Australia, and the LAX-SYD leg will land on the 6th of April in Australia, so I'm not sure whether either of these would count towards the membership year which ends "by 05 April".

So, does anyone know the exact rules for when the cutoff occurs? Is it the start or the end of 05 April, is it in a specific timezone, and does it count takeoff or landing times?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
IFAICT, it's based on the scheduled departure day for the flight, irrespective of what time/date is may be in Brisbane or anywhere else.

I had flights taken LAX-LAS and LAS-ATL on January 1st this year post as on January 1st, even though it was already January 2nd in Australia at the time of departure.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VAG
Oh good, I'll probably just work on the assumption that this is the case, and hence both my flights, departing on April 4, will count.

If the worst comes to the worst I'll probably give them a call and use the "awwww, c'mon!" reasoning.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I seem to recall in practice, there is actually a few days "wiggle room" with status?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by serfty
IFAICT, it's based on the scheduled departure day for the flight, irrespective of what time/date is may be in Brisbane or anywhere else.

I had flights taken LAX-LAS and LAS-ATL on January 1st this year post as on January 1st, even though it was already January 2nd in Australia at the time of departure.
Can confirm the above too with EY flights parked with VA. Activity occurred on 13 Jan (it was already 14 Jan by the time the flight departed) and posted the same on VA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.