Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Velocity <-> Krisflyer conversions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: VAG
This is excellent news, at that fairly reasonable conversion rate. Apparently you also get a 15% discount on SQ awards from SQ when booking online. This makes the SQ point table a pretty good place to spend your velocity points.

Alternatively, going the other way is pretty useful for those of us who just occasionally fly Star Alliance airlines and would like to do something useful with the miles.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:22 pm

Location: Oz, Wales, Fiji. AirNZ Gold Elite, Virgin Australia Platinum, Qantas Gold, Hyatt and IHG Platinum.
Haven't done any in-depth analysis, but 1 to 1.35 sounds like a fairly decent rate, and it's just great to have the option to tap in to SQ and the Star Alliance if needed. Goes a little way to addressing VA's lack of a full global alliance.

Well done VA ^
Old Nov 18, 2014, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
I just wish they'd announced this six months earlier before the stray 7,000 SQ miles I had from a few Silkair flights three years ago expired...
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Just curious - has the 1:1.35 conversion rate from Velocity to KrisFlyer stayed the same since Day 1, or have there been any special days/promos along the way where a bonus (better) rate was available?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:08 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
AFAIK, there was no deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.