Wiki Posts
Search

Email Spam

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2012, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: qff, asia miles, amex, kvs
Question Email Spam

Is Virgin guilty of Email spam when I get an email twice within 3 days advertising their New Zealand Sale.

Not that I mind that much I can always unsubscribe. But the last email detailed some $159 fares BNE to CHC. When I actually went to book the cheapest on the special page was $211. Oops false advertising I thought.

I then read the fine print on the email. Sale to NZ ends midnight 1st Nov, BUT date of email 2nd Nov. 5:43am. If you are going to go to the trouble of getting in my face 7 times in the last month, at least get the fine details right!

Edit: Maybe I need to apologise sent on 1st 3:45pm. but not received by the Bigpond server until 2nd 5:43am. Sorry Virgin, talk to your IT Dept.

Last edited by fdKen; Nov 1, 2012 at 2:52 pm Reason: Extra Info
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:15 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by fdKen
Edit: Maybe I need to apologise sent on 1st 3:45pm. but not received by the Bigpond server until 2nd 5:43am. Sorry Virgin, talk to your IT Dept.
Nope, talk to bigpond. They had outage...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.