Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight #s coded VA or DJ ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2012, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Flight #s coded VA or DJ ?

Please excuse this intrusion from an American Delta flyer trying to book DL award seats on VA. If I run an ExpertFlyer availability search on AKL-SYD DJ51 for my target date, the search returns H1. If I run the same EF search using VA51 instead of DJ51, EF returns H9. Does anyone know the reason and which is the correct answer ? The DL res agents I've been working with are totally clueless on this and I'd like to know if H seats are actually available and to suggest using VA or DJ before I call DL back and try to walk them through this reservation. Thanks for any help or insight.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, VA Gold
For trans-tasman flights (flights between Australia and New Zealand), the DJ code is the correct one.

I understand that by early next year, all flights should be on the one code.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:48 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
The difference can probably be explained by the fact that the fare buckets are different between DJ and VA. For VA, H is actually a discount economy ticket.

As mentioned, they will all be coming under the VA code next year, which should solve some of these types of issues....
Old Nov 8, 2012, 4:24 pm
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
Originally Posted by johnslloyd
Please excuse this intrusion from an American Delta flyer trying to book DL award seats on VA. If I run an ExpertFlyer availability search on AKL-SYD DJ51 for my target date, the search returns H1. If I run the same EF search using VA51 instead of DJ51, EF returns H9. Does anyone know the reason and which is the correct answer ? The DL res agents I've been working with are totally clueless on this and I'd like to know if H seats are actually available and to suggest using VA or DJ before I call DL back and try to walk them through this reservation. Thanks for any help or insight.
what date are you checking?

Is the flight your booking with DL a DJ Coded or VA coded. Because VA Codes can only be booked inconjunction with a VA overwater from the USA.

So if its stand alone flight your needing then you would be using the DJ coded availability, if using VA coded flight it would be the VA Coded availability. as H Class with DJ fare is different to H class on VA

if that makes sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.