Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Downgrade compensation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2012, 9:13 am

Very bad luck to be downgraded and then have the flight cancelled as well, make sure you layout all that happened in your letter; VA seems to make a lot of schedule and aeroplane changes out of CBR.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
They're pretty good at responding to such complaints IME.

I had two cancellations in two days earlier this year:

NTL-MEL(J)
MEL-ADL(J)

Both paid in Y using comp upgrades.

NTL-MEL: Offered me a later flight via BNE (total travel time around 7hrs, no thanks) or booking with JQ departing an hour later. Took the JQ option.

MEL-ADL: Rebooked me in J with QF on a flight leaving around an hour later - the aircraft went U/S just before we were due to board.

Emailed a polite but direct complaint to DJ, received points + credits as if I had taken both flights (as well as points from QF for the MEL-ADL J run, wohoo!) and had my two comp upgrades credited back.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by shillard
They're pretty good at responding to such complaints IME.

I had two cancellations in two days earlier this year:

NTL-MEL(J)
MEL-ADL(J)

Both paid in Y using comp upgrades.

NTL-MEL: Offered me a later flight via BNE (total travel time around 7hrs, no thanks) or booking with JQ departing an hour later. Took the JQ option.

MEL-ADL: Rebooked me in J with QF on a flight leaving around an hour later - the aircraft went U/S just before we were due to board.

Emailed a polite but direct complaint to DJ, received points + credits as if I had taken both flights (as well as points from QF for the MEL-ADL J run, wohoo!) and had my two comp upgrades credited back.
A very good result, especially when travelling on points. A lot of other airlines could take note. Just hope they don't move you to TT over JQ now in the case of irregular operations!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.