Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

"Not valid for earn" on purchased sale fare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2012, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver

I've had two different flights post to my partner's Velocity account as "not valid for earn". Both were purchased from DJ's web site with a credit card, DJ flight number and operated by DJ, one SYD-AKL in F class (according to the boarding pass) and the other SYD-PER in either F or R class (don't have that boarding pass in front of me).

Both were sale fares, the terms of which indicate that Velocity earning depends on the fare class (even though you can't see the fare class before purchase or even on the receipt ), but those fare classes should earn both points and status credits.

Any idea what gives?

We called Virgin after the first one posted like this; the reservations agent agreed that the flights should earn and tried to transfer us to Velocity to get it sorted out, but Velocity didn't answer their phones. Now the second flight (on a different reservation) has posted the same way.

Note that the returns on both of these reservations posted as expected with points and status credits.

An additional clue: both reservations were purchased on a Mac, for which Poli doesn't work. Therefore, I called in to get the credit card fee refunded, as instructed on Virgin's web site. Is that possibly related?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 2:12 am

Programs: QF Platinum, VA Gold
Originally Posted by ashill
Therefore, I called in to get the credit card fee refunded, as instructed on Virgin's web site. Is that possibly related?
Shouldn't have anything to do with it. Reasonably confident it's a simple problem ... if you still have the boarding cards, scan them in and e-mail them to [email protected] with a quick explanation (it will probably take a good long while for your account to be updated, but you should get the points eventually..)
Old Sep 20, 2012, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
You can pull your old DJ bookings up online, even if travlled.

Check the HTML source out - the first dozen or three lines should reveal the booking classes and the fare paid.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
I still don't know what happened, but a couple weeks after the flights posted as "not valid for earn", an additional entry posted with the correct earnings. This was before we got around to contacting Velocity. So it all sorted out in the end without any intervention on our part.

(Two flights that posted correctly the first time posted a second time at the same time as the flights that originally posted incorrectly, so now the Velocity error in their favour has turned into one in our favour. Maybe we'll point this out to them next time we have to call about something.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.