Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Ridiculous Virgin changes to Lounge entry rules - with zero advance notice.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ridiculous Virgin changes to Lounge entry rules - with zero advance notice.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2012, 8:31 am

I don'y know how this could have been overlooked, but the rules now state "same day, onward travel on Virgin Australia". That is, can't access the lounge if you've just stepped off a DJ flight.

Has anyone had any experience with this? I will be transiting in SYD Dom to Int this week, and was hoping to spend some time in the lounge before going to T1 (got a 5-hr layover).
Old Oct 20, 2012, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Where are the rules that say this out of interest?

The email I got, posted above, says no such thing -

"Platinum members will require same-day travel with Virgin Australia or one of its airline partners in order to access the Virgin Australia lounge before or after their flight. "
Old Oct 20, 2012, 4:04 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by edy4eva
I don'y know how this could have been overlooked, but the rules now state "same day, onward travel on Virgin Australia". That is, can't access the lounge if you've just stepped off a DJ flight.

Has anyone had any experience with this? I will be transiting in SYD Dom to Int this week, and was hoping to spend some time in the lounge before going to T1 (got a 5-hr layover).
IF you are gold or gold, you just need a same day boarding pass:

From here http://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en.../lounge/#home:

Please note: Effective 15th of August 2012, Velocity Frequent Flyer Gold and Platinum Members will require a same-day boarding pass for Virgin Australia or one of its airline partners in order to access the Virgin Australia lounge. All other lounge access entitlements still apply.
From the entry page (note the second paragraph quoted):http://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en.../lounge/#entry

If you are a Virgin Australia lounge member or Velocity Platinum or Gold Member, present your membership card, and your flight itinerary (or boarding pass) – for onward domestic travel with Virgin Australia on the day – for access to the Virgin Australia lounge.

Subject to space availability, Velocity Platinum and Gold Members can access the Virgin Australia lounge on arrival with an eligible day of travel Virgin Australia or Partner Airline boarding pass or itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.