Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How DJ handle elites during irrops....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
How DJ handle elites during irrops....

Pretty well, it would seem.

Checked-in for my DJ flight NTL-MEL, only to be informed that the inbound aircrft had to return to MEL and was declared u/s, with a new aircraft being sourced. 2hrs later it arrived in NTL and was declared u/s!

I was offered routing via BNE (like going to Jupiter via Venus to pickup some velocity) or being bumped to JQ. Took the latter option and 20 minutes later JQ checked me in on a flex fare (points and credits - hello) and checked my bags THREE HOURS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE. SO they can do it, after all.

The next day (today), booked in business MEL-ADL using one of my comp upgrade certificates. 20 minutes before boarding the aircraft was declared u/s (you would think the unions have gotten into the DJ engineering crews or something). At the gate a supervisor (within 5 minutes) had me booked in J on a QF flight. I waited 10 minutes for my bags to appear - which I considered pretty good, then I hiked to the QF checkin area and waited at the J counter for 20 minutes while the paperwork made its way through the 2 bureaucracies. The excellent QF checkin agent had me sorted (with points & credits coming my way again), and now I'm in the MEL J lounge waiting to board.

Top marks for DJ in fixing things when they went wrong - quickly and efficiently. Bottom marks for aircraft reliability.....
Old Apr 28, 2012, 7:36 am

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
Good to hear it worked out.

Very bad luck getting 2 u/s aircraft in a row. Can't say i've had one in my last 50 or so flights.

Hope you make it back with minimal fuss
Old May 7, 2012, 3:56 am

Programs: QP WP, DJ Platinum
That's a good result.

As a comparison, I had a similar issue on QF recently (ROK-BNE aircraft U/S, next flight would miss the last flight from BNE-SYD so there wasn't anyway to get to SYD that day). DJ had a direct ROK-SYD operating about an hour later. QF said "tough, can't help you, best we can do is send you tomorrow". I had to rebook on DJ and pay for it myself at the last minute.

Response from Customer Care was that they were happy to see I was offered a flight the next day and that it was more than sufficient. This is as QF WP

Good work DJ.
Old May 11, 2012, 3:49 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
Good to hear it worked out.

Very bad luck getting 2 u/s aircraft in a row. Can't say i've had one in my last 50 or so flights.

Hope you make it back with minimal fuss
Second one might have been related to the John Holland issues.
Old May 14, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Impressive service from DJ. They have been very helpful recently and their acknowledgement and appreciation of your elite status is always welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.