Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Recvd Plat status, but card not yet arrived -- is card reqd to access DJ Lounges?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recvd Plat status, but card not yet arrived -- is card reqd to access DJ Lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2011, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam

Recvd DJ Plat status last week, but card not yet arrived -- is card required to access DJ Lounges, or will the status in my reservation (and on my BP?) good enough to gain entry?
Old Sep 12, 2011, 3:11 am

Programs: ex AN*G(Diamond), QF SG, VA Plat
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Recvd DJ Plat status last week, but card not yet arrived -- is card required to access DJ Lounges, or will the status in my reservation (and on my BP?) good enough to gain entry?
For DJ domestic lounges, at least, you'll have no problems. I can't recall ever showing my card; just the BP with the status showing.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 4:53 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
I have not received my card either, but I had no problems getting in the lounge last week.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Good news indeed, then.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I have a slightly different question regarding lounge access. To enter a Delta Sky Club, the terms on VA's website say "You and a guest on presentation of membership card and boarding pass for same day travel with V Australia or Delta Air Lines." If I am flying on a US domestic DL flight, do I need to have the DL fight credited to VA to enter the Sky Club or can I have it credited to my DL or FB account so I can get on the upgrade list?
Old Sep 12, 2011, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I can't be certain, but generally presenting the Qualifying BP and the Qualifying membership card together would allow entry, irrespective of the FF information stored within the booking.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 12:05 am

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Originally Posted by cityflyer369
I have not received my card either, but I had no problems getting in the lounge last week.
+1
Old Sep 16, 2011, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Richard1148
I have a slightly different question regarding lounge access. To enter a Delta Sky Club, the terms on VA's website say "You and a guest on presentation of membership card and boarding pass for same day travel with V Australia or Delta Air Lines." If I am flying on a US domestic DL flight, do I need to have the DL fight credited to VA to enter the Sky Club or can I have it credited to my DL or FB account so I can get on the upgrade list?
Don't have direct experience doing this with VA and DL, but based on (1) the wording on the website and (2) experience with multiple other carriers under the same type of situation, then YES, you should be able to do as you noted. DL shouldn't care, so long as they can input/write down your VA membership card number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.