Wiki Posts
Search

Velocity benefits on EY vs MH

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2011, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAA Voyager, BA Executive Club, Qantas Frequet Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Velocity benefits on EY vs MH

Does anybody know which of the VA partner airline to recommend?

Seems like we have Velocity benefits on Etihad according to the VA website i.e. Lounge access and pref check in. This is a full extra day though (overnight) in AUH....to get back home. Has anybody got an upgrade on Etihad lately? If so it may be worth it.....but not sure .

Other alternative is MAS. We used to have access to the Malaysian lounge in MEL on the JNB route but would we have this luxury connecting in KUL?
Old Jun 20, 2011, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAA Voyager, BA Executive Club, Qantas Frequet Flyer, Virgin Velocity
OK -Just seen the post on the agreement with SQ (whoooo hooooo)!!! Tried to book a flight on SQ but they don't have Velocity listed as one of the options when to choose your FQTV details????? Should I wait till Aug 01 when the agreement is fully operational???
Old Jun 20, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: QF Platinum, VA Gold
Originally Posted by baffel147
Seems like we have Velocity benefits on Etihad according to the VA website i.e. Lounge access and pref check in. This is a full extra day though (overnight) in AUH....to get back home. Has anybody got an upgrade on Etihad lately? If so it may be worth it.....but not sure .
Not sure I'd go that far out of my way to fly EY (unless you wanted to overnight in Abu Dhabi), but they're a reasonable carrier and the published benefits work as advertised. Points crediting takes .. patience. I've never been offered an upgrade, but that's out of a flight sample size of two. No idea whether others have fared better.

Other alternative is MAS. We used to have access to the Malaysian lounge in MEL on the JNB route but would we have this luxury connecting in KUL?
No lounge access when flying with MH.

Originally Posted by baffel147
OK -Just seen the post on the agreement with SQ (whoooo hooooo)!!! Tried to book a flight on SQ but they don't have Velocity listed as one of the options when to choose your FQTV details????? Should I wait till Aug 01 when the agreement is fully operational???
I'd be playing wait-and-see to make sure that Velocity benefits are going to be what you think they are before booking, myself..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.