Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Help with understanding VS lounge access as DL GM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2024, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club: Gold, Delta: Gold Medallion, Southwest: A-list

Hi!

Due to work, I am a recent (begrudging, but interested) convert to Delta and Skyteam after almost 15 years wholly within the BA & oneWorld ecosystem.

I've been lucky enough to benefit from a work related promotion and now have Delta Gold Medallion Status (which I understand is Skyteam Elite+ and equates to oW Sapphire). With some upcoming summer and winter trips from LAX to various parts of Europe, I have been looking at lounge access and trying to get my head around it.

Until a few days ago, I worked under the assumption that access on VS would be similar to that as in oneWorld. If you have STE+ status, you get access to whatever lounge is being used in the airport of departure regardless of cabin (LHR and the aspire lounge excepted). I've now seen conflicting reports of this and access only being granted at airports where the lounge is a VS operated clubhouse, so airports where VS uses a DL Skyclub or a third party lounge (like Star Alliance at my home airport of LAX, or 1908 at MAN) are not included unless travelling in Upper Class.

I'd appreciate some help in confirming which lounges I would have access to when travelling Y or W on a DL coded VS operated flight with my GM Skyteam Elite+ status?

I would be particularly keen to confirm if I would or not have access to:
(flying Y or W Dl coded VS operated)

LAX - Star Alliance Lounge:
MIA - LATAM lounge:
MAN - 1908 lounge:
LHR: Aspire lounge if flying DL coded VS operated Y:

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
NXFlyer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.