Wiki Posts
Search

Extended Status Expiry - Israel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2024, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Extended Status Expiry - Israel

Very happy to receive an email from Virgin today:
Following the harrowing and tragic events of October 7, we have suspended our service to Tel Aviv until 16 March 2024. To make sure you’re still able to gain Tier Points and retain your membership for another year, we’ve extended your Flying Club status. This means your new tier end date will be 31/10/2025. If you have any vouchers to use, we’ve also extended these for a full 12 months.

These changes have already been applied to your account.

We hope for a better 2024, and that we are able to resume our service and welcome you onboard again.

A thumbs up from me for this action as a proactive measure at these times. Thank you Virgin!
davidcamp6 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by craigc
Very happy to receive an email from Virgin today:
Following the harrowing and tragic events of October 7, we have suspended our service to Tel Aviv until 16 March 2024. To make sure you’re still able to gain Tier Points and retain your membership for another year, we’ve extended your Flying Club status. This means your new tier end date will be 31/10/2025. If you have any vouchers to use, we’ve also extended these for a full 12 months.

These changes have already been applied to your account.

We hope for a better 2024, and that we are able to resume our service and welcome you onboard again.

A thumbs up from me for this action as a proactive measure at these times. Thank you Virgin!
My status will drop on the 30th of this month, I read this hoping that I had also been extended and quickly looked at my flying Club account - No.....
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:31 am
Original Poster

I assume it's only if your address is set as Israel...or you fly the route a lot ..
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by craigc
I assume it's only if your address is set as Israel...or you fly the route a lot ..
Ah , I guess that as its a no to both I should not be surprised to find my status un-extended..
Cheers and all the best
Old Jan 18, 2024, 11:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ELAL Platinum, VS Gold
I suggest calling and writing. I've done so and had a mixed response (there doesn't seem to be a coordinated policy on this). One agent got me to rebook a flight with ElAl and confirmed I'd still earn the Flying Club points for the flight. Another customer service responded to an email effectively saying - sorry mate, nothing we can do. And yet another (again via email) confirmed as a gesture of goodwill, they'd awarded me the required Tier Points to make up the 1,000 needed to retain my Gold status but made no mention of extending the expiry date of the vouchers.
I've continued the dialogue regarding the vouchers and awaiting their response.
I think the lesson here is persistence.

UPDATE
I've now received confirmation that my vouchers that expire in the next couple of months have been extended by 12 months. The one voucher I have that expires in September remains as is.

Last edited by Calculated Risk; Jan 27, 2024 at 11:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.