Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Virgin Atlantic (VS) Flying Club points redemptions on ANA (NH) - Master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Atlantic (VS) Flying Club points redemptions on ANA (NH) - Master thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by freakazoid
How does that make sense in the given context? He already got the flight and just wants to move it one day forward.

Have you tried simply calling again and asking a different agent? I'd also try to call at UK business hours to avoid their new Indian(?) callcenter. That said even at the UK callcenter they sometimes struggle with ANA bookings. Might also want to suggest to just search single segments, although that should be super obvious in your case.

Sidenote: April 1st the fuel surcharge is going down a bit, so you may want to wait until then. Virgin doesn't give a refund if the surcharge is lower, but they do charge for any increase.
I was doing it through online chat.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​
The post is slightly confusing as apparently ANA does not see it, but NH does..... So I am kind of assuming that the NH is not supposed to be NH but the carrier code for another airline and it is a typo. But we all know the risk of assuming....
Sorry I ment to say virgin doesn't see it. But on NH and UA it is there..
​​​​
Old Apr 5, 2024, 5:03 pm

Programs: ANA Pt
ANA F SFO/TYO award space opened up yesterday from Oct 26 to Dec 15.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 8:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Just booked ORD to NRT in J (one way). Used United to find a seat as usual and no problem booking it. It took 29 mins from waiting an agent to complete booking. The fees and tax were $249.80 (Carrier-imposed Surcharge was $222.00). No hold benefit anymore, but I could cancel/change for the first 24 hours.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 9:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
It is a delight to talk to Virgin Atlantic customer service. Unlike many other airlines, their hold time is short - I waited 11 minutes, and then spent another 10 minutes to have them book my ANA flight. Confirmed availability, transferred over points from Amex instantaneously, and now have the flight record locator!
Old Apr 7, 2024, 11:12 pm

Programs: ANA Pt
Originally Posted by synergypi
ANA F SFO/TYO award space opened up yesterday from Oct 26 to Dec 15.
Now to Jan 31
Old Apr 8, 2024, 2:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Now to end of schedule (!!!), all the way to end of March. Looks like ANA is fully committing SFO to dual 77W and a (permanent?) F slot. Which likely means this is the last chance in a long time to use VS miles on a SFO F dump like this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 11:24 am

I'm having a heck of a time finding J let alone F availability on ANA using United's site. SFO-TYO
bocastephen likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by stu454
I'm having a heck of a time finding J let alone F availability on ANA using United's site. SFO-TYO
I can't even find it on NH's own site.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 12:11 pm

Update: on United, there is ANA First availability for three days over the next year.

Last edited by stu454; Apr 10, 2024 at 3:47 pm
Old Apr 14, 2024, 2:50 pm

Hey guys thanks again for the help. I was able to switch my domestic flight and move it forward one day... Had to pay the $50 change fee but better than staying at a tiny hotel in Haneda.

Also one more question when booking the award ticket does 80,000 points for first class + domestic economy to Okayama sound correct?? I think it is, but was reading that it should be a flat 75000 points for me to go all the way to OKJ. Okayama.

Thanks again
Old Apr 15, 2024, 9:05 am

I'm seeing a lot of availability on Virgin Australia Velocity that doesn't show available on United or Aeroplan. Would these be available to book using regular Virgin points?
Old Apr 18, 2024, 10:38 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Fiona777
I'm seeing a lot of availability on Virgin Australia Velocity that doesn't show available on United or Aeroplan. Would these be available to book using regular Virgin points?
Yes Flying Club | Virgin Australia | Virgin Atlantic
Old Apr 18, 2024, 10:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I might be missing the important detail here, but that looks like it confirms that Virgin Points can be used to book flights on Virgin Australia.

The issue is that Virgin Australia see one set of ANA availability, that is available to book via them using Virgin Velocity Points. Virgin Atlantic availability ties in more with United / ANA availability, which is only bookable with Virgin Points.

I don't think there is a way to transfer VS Points over to VA Velocity? Happy to be corrected though.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 3:11 pm

Just booked ANA F via VS on March 7, 2025. Thanks to all here for guidance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.