Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Virgin Atlantic - Bid for Upgrade (Master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Atlantic - Bid for Upgrade (Master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2024, 6:08 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, JP Platinum, KF Gold
Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
Yes - it has changed recently, with very little publicity / fanfare - see this thread :-

Nick
Thanks for this update. I just cancelled an upgrade bid to UC as my main interest was the tier points 🤷🏽‍♂️
Old May 26, 2024, 11:39 am

Forgive me for being such a noob.
I'm hoping to win an upgrade on VS129 LHR-TPA on Oct 13th, but the UC seats have been greyed out ever since the flight went on sale. A few of them over the months have become occupied, but all of the empty seats still show as grey.
We are currently booked in PE. Can anyone tell me if these seats are actually available, or if they'll open them up at a later date?

At some point I was able to place a bid, and because so many seats were grey, yet vacant, I bid less than $600. Should I increase this?
Old May 27, 2024, 7:46 pm

I have a miles ticket from LHR to LAX in Premium. I read through the thread but it wasn't clear to me, so hope someone can help. When you bid for an upgrade from PE to UC on a flight departing from LHR - are you charged just the bid amount (eg 800 GBP), or are you charged the bid amount and any difference for higher fees that VS charges between PE and UC? Thanks!
Old May 28, 2024, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by torpg20
I have a miles ticket from LHR to LAX in Premium. I read through the thread but it wasn't clear to me, so hope someone can help. When you bid for an upgrade from PE to UC on a flight departing from LHR - are you charged just the bid amount (eg 800 GBP), or are you charged the bid amount and any difference for higher fees that VS charges between PE and UC? Thanks!
Just the bid amount. It goes through a 3rd party points.com. VS has nothing to do with it which is why it probably doesn't charge as travel. And why customer service agents can't give you any info re: it either.
torpg20 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2024, 9:52 am
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Hello - I have an award ticket in Economy Classic issued by AF on their tkt stock. Am I right to assume that my only recourse for an upgrade to PE should be handled at the airport since a non VS issued tkt does not qualify for bidding?

For Economy Delight I guess I can change my seat on my reservation and pay the extra fee. Can Skyteam Elite + members get these seats for free on the day of dept.?
Old Jun 6, 2024, 7:48 am

Does the bid for upgrade minimum ever go down? The minimum for SFO-LHR right now is $920. Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2024, 12:47 pm

Can you bid on multiple cabins at the same time? So if you are booked in Economy, bid for Premium and Upper class. Will the system first check if you win the upper class bid then check for the premium bid? It does allow you to choose multiple cabins but I did not go all the way to the checkout window.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.