Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Serious incident on VS134 20 May 2022 (ANU-LHR). Police attendance.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2022, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

Just to any Virgin staff moderators that may be present, there was an extremely serious
incident on the VS134 today, which resulted in a number of passengers seemingly being arrested at the LHR gate following a series of alleged physical assaults to other passengers from the flight on at least two occasions during the flight (one of which was during final approach and landing).

Hoping all the victims of the assaults are ok, and hats off to the cabin crew who did an outstanding job under the circumstances to keep the situation under control. The cabin crew really do deserve a commendation for their efforts in what were clearly an extremely challenging set of circumstances requiring police intervention.
Old May 20, 2022, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
VS doesn't have any lurkers here so if you (rightly) want to pass on your praise of the staff you need to contact VS direct. I'm sure it will be very much appreciated.
billyb750 likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 6:32 am

I happened to be in this flight, and it wasn't pleasant.

Cabin crew member was physically assaulted by being grabbed around the throat and police boarded the flight as soon as we landed. We were lucky we weren't diverted to somewhere like Faro or Lisbon.

I feel sorry for all the crew, and anyone that was near to the passenger(s) who were kicking off.
Old May 20, 2022, 9:06 am
Fks

Originally Posted by VincentHanna
I happened to be in this flight, and it wasn't pleasant.

Cabin crew member was physically assaulted by being grabbed around the throat and police boarded the flight as soon as we landed. We were lucky we weren't diverted to somewhere like Faro or Lisbon.

I feel sorry for all the crew, and anyone that was near to the passenger(s) who were kicking off.

Hi all, i was on this flight and was actually 1 of the 3 guys who restrained the individual. no member of cabin crew was assulted, apart from verbally. The cabin crew did a good job today given the circumstances, it is the kids who are badly affected. Shame on both parents.

i believe about 3 other passengers was assulted by the "man" and also the woman assulted a passenger as well.

Hope they get there justice.
Britgirlnyc likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 9:14 am

You know more than me.

But the head of the cabin crew (lady with blond hair) came round to explain what was going on, and told us that her throat had been hurt, so I assumed that he grabbed her at some point.
Old May 20, 2022, 11:13 am

Hiya, send your comments to Customer Care! - [email protected]
billyb750 likes this.

Last edited by JXFB; May 20, 2022 at 12:19 pm
Old May 25, 2022, 8:55 am

The man was even trying to bite people!

He was a proper maniac, complete mad man and his wife was worse….
Britgirlnyc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.