Reward seats to Havana

Old Aug 23, 19, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Reward seats to Havana

It seems that reward availability from LGW to Havana isn't available in any class for any dates in the future. Is this a policy change to sanctions ? IT glitch?
Old Aug 23, 19, 9:25 am

Programs: VS Gold
Likely because the Havana service is transferring to LHR next year. Try that :-)
ajeleonard and craigthemif like this.
Old Aug 23, 19, 11:19 am
Original Poster

I'm aware it is transferring to LHR from June 2020. However that leaves 2 services per week between now and June from LGW that have no availability in any class on any date. It's normally fairly easy to snag reward seats so the blackout seems to be strange. A search for LHR also shows no seats available.
Old Aug 23, 19, 11:46 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
I just selected a few random dates (LON-HAV) in October / November 2019 and I am seeing availability 3 or 4 days a week in all three classes.

Nick
Old Aug 23, 19, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick View Post
I just selected a few random dates (LON-HAV) in October / November 2019 and I am seeing availability 3 or 4 days a week in all three classes.

Nick

I've tried every date the service operates in November (Sunday \Thursday) in Y using the VS app and no seats available message appears. It sometimes gives seats with a connection in the US but I cannot replicate what you are seeing.
Old Aug 23, 19, 1:22 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by BERbound View Post
I've tried every date the service operates in November (Sunday \Thursday) in Y using the VS app and no seats available message appears. It sometimes gives seats with a connection in the US but I cannot replicate what you are seeing.
Ah! I take it back! - I have just retried. I am still getting loads of availability, but when I hover my mouse over the flights, the caveat "two stops" appears under the amount of miles needed.
The reward flights are via NYC and MIA - far from ideal ;-(

When I stipulate direct flights only, I am coming up empty - sorry for getting your hopes up.

Nick
Old Aug 23, 19, 4:00 pm

Programs: VS Gold
It's just occurred to me that previously you used to not be able to book Havana flights via the VS website and were instructed to book it as part of a Virgin Holidays package. I have no idea if this is still the case but if it is, that may explain why there's no reward availability at all..?
Old Aug 23, 19, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SlimpyJones View Post
It's just occurred to me that previously you used to not be able to book Havana flights via the VS website and were instructed to book it as part of a Virgin Holidays package. I have no idea if this is still the case but if it is, that may explain why there's no reward availability at all..?

It must be a recent change, I've used VS miles to book several flights over the last 2 years, there used to be loads of availability but now nothing. I'll give them a call and see what they say.

Search this Thread