Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Clubhouse tightening access to ridiculous levels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clubhouse tightening access to ridiculous levels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2022, 3:46 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Originally Posted by pazza2000
A guest of someone flying in Upper, on the same flight (different cabin), can enter the CH right?

Yes

Nick
Old Apr 20, 2022, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
To be fair to the OP, I would have expected a Gold flying KLM to have access.

There are multiple tales of people flying BA from T3 persuading the lounge staff to let them if they are FC Gold!
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 3:32 pm

Virgin for years have allowed gold members to access the clubhouse at T3 flying any airline including BA. They have now reverted on this policy about 2 weeks ago and are receiving a lot of complaints.
pazza2000, 36902BRF and aramis78 like this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by haroon145
Virgin for years have allowed gold members to access the clubhouse at T3 flying any airline including BA. They have now reverted on this policy about 2 weeks ago and are receiving a lot of complaints.
I wonder if this is a temporary measure alongside current issues, and if they’ll soon (re)allow Golds flying other airlines access.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 4:03 am

I wonder if this is a temporary measure alongside current issues, and if they’ll soon (re)allow Golds flying other airlines access.
Like many Covid measures imposed by governments and corporations around the world, it was easy to take away rights and benefits in the name of "fighting the pandemic", but they won't be in a hurry to hand them back over (if ever).
Silver Fox and aramis78 like this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 4:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
They should enforce it more. I can see the reason for allowing access on AF/KL, but beyond that, why allow access for Golds to fly on other non-partner airlines?
AlanA and pazza2000 like this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by RAPC
They should enforce it more. I can see the reason for allowing access on AF/KL, but beyond that, why allow access for Golds to fly on other non-partner airlines?
Yes I can see the argument for and against
Old Apr 25, 2022, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by RAPC
It does seem strange that people who ‘earn’ gold status through holding the right credit card , and have never nor intend to set foot on VS metal, can go and enjoy the Clubhouse before flying with a non partner airline 🥴
I can only assume there is some financial incentive to VS to ‘give away’ gold status.

Nick
RAPC, craigthemif and nancypants like this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
It does seem strange that people who ‘earn’ gold status through holding the right credit card , and have never nor intend to set foot on VS metal, can go and enjoy the Clubhouse before flying with a non partner airline 🥴
I can only assume there is some financial incentive to VS to ‘give away’ gold status.

Nick
I agree. If VS gold could only be earned via flying, and not by holding a credit card, then I could understand the perk of using the clubhouse whenever. A reward in joining the relatively smaller and tighter-knit circle of VS top elite flyers.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 8:19 pm

Programs: Waffle House DM
Originally Posted by audidudi
So am I reading the rules correctly, as a Delta Skymiles Platinum Medallion card holder, can I bring my g/f in to the LHR Lounge with me when flying on VS back to SFO next month?
Yes. You and one guest are allowed access as a DL Gold-Platinum-Diamond.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by CX HK
I agree. If VS gold could only be earned via flying, and not by holding a credit card, then I could understand the perk of using the clubhouse whenever. A reward in joining the relatively smaller and tighter-knit circle of VS top elite flyers.
I don’t think there is a credit card that earns you FC Gold status, or even FC Silver status directly is there? I agree though something has happened, likely the merge with Delta and SkyTeam, or even their recent Status Match drive, that has driven too many visitors alongside staffing issues.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 3:09 am

I don’t think there is a credit card that earns you FC Gold status……….
Amex Centurion gives VS Gold status and IMHO the Clubhouse is better than the Centurion lounge

Nick
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
Amex Centurion gives VS Gold status and IMHO the Clubhouse is better than the Centurion lounge

Nick
Ah, I stand corrected.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:56 am

A little off topic, however likely a good place ask, can a VS Gold flying UC guest 2 persons into the CH, one by way of status and one by way of flying Upper?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
No you can't double dip like that.
pazza2000 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.