Wiki Posts
Search

Best place to sit as a family of 4 in UC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2019, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Best place to sit as a family of 4 in UC

Hope you can help.

Were a family of 4 flying UC with virgin - 2 adults and a 3 YO and a 7 YO.

With the herringbone layout what’s the best seats to take (especially considering the 3 YO struggles to sit still for take offs and landings.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
Which route & aircraft are you on?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:08 am
Original Poster

We’re heading to Auckland via Hong Kong on the way out - connecting to air nz

back via Shanghai
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
So Air NZ and VS have a very similar seat layout, thanks to having the same business class seat (actually the only two airlines that use it).

Shanghai and Hong Kong VS flights both use 787s. The layout on Air NZ and VS 787 is the same, except Air NZ has less seats. The Air NZ 777 is different, with an additional set of seats in Business, but still very similar.

I'd recommend taking 4 seats next to each other in the A aisle of the VS 787. So for example, 1A, 2A, 3A and 4A. If you went in the other aisle, you could do 2G, 2K, 3G, 3K which would set you opposite each other. Same applies for the Air NZ flight, depending on the aircraft operating the route.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

That’s great thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.