Wiki Posts
Search

Best Seats in Y A330-300?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold
Best Seats in Y A330-300?

Will be on the A330-300 on a short hop from Boston to Heathrow in Y later this month, and haven't flown Virgin in ages so I'm not too familiar with the cabin layout. I see on SeatGuru that 61A/B has extra legroom despite not being an extra legroom seat - is this a sizable difference? I know in some cases there are missing windows when this happens is this the case there?

If it is indeed more legroom with a window, is that a better option than the smaller Y cabin behind PE or upgrading to an exit row?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 9:23 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Welcome to FlyerTalk

The best seat in y is a very subjective thing.

Do you want to be among the first Y pax off? - Get one near the front.
Do you want to ensure you get first choice of meal ? Get one near the front or the back of the cabin.
Do you want to maximise your chances of being able to spread out over two or more seats if it is a light load? Check Experflyer for the load, and if it is showing straight nines close to departure, book one in the centre of the plane towards the back.
Do you want an undisturbed night? Avoid seats near the toilets.

When I travel in Y, I always try and book an exit row, especially on a night flight. The seats are narrower due to the tray table being in the armrest but the extra leg room makes up for this IMHO.

Have a good flight

Nick
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I wouldn’t rely on seat guru. it nit what it used to be.

the VS Source is a better source of information. 31J/48W/185Y | The VS Source

for 61a it says

“this seat is slightly out of alignment from the seat in front making foot space awkward”

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.