Wiki Posts
Search

Upper class preselect meals

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors diamond, Virgin Atlantic Gold, Goldpoints gold elite
Upper class preselect meals

Flying in feb and seen reference to this on the website. Anyone know how you get to see the menu and select for your meals?

Last edited by robandjojo423; Jan 6, 2019 at 12:28 pm
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Well as it clearly states on the website

... so if your flight is taking early orders, we'll send you an email with a link to make your selection.
BTW this is the same system that DL uses as well - they send the email 3 days in advance
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors diamond, Virgin Atlantic Gold, Goldpoints gold elite
Thanks. I must have missed that reference. Sorry

Anyone know if they offer this. On. The. Miami route vs117

Last edited by robandjojo423; Jan 9, 2019 at 5:06 am Reason: additional questions
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:18 am

Programs: VS Flying Club (Gold), BA Exec Club (Silver), Hilton Honors (Diamond)
I think it was Manchester first then Gatwick then LHR?

Gatwick was only launching this month... I think!
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Has anyone done this JFK-LHR, or LHR-TLV? I have a flight in UC coming in three weeks and the information on the web site is very vague at best. Is it like the DL pre-select process still where you get an email three days in advance of the flight?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 7:12 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
I haven't done it on either of those two routes but it worked perfectly on my LHR - HKG last month.
The only thing was, the email I got initially went into my spam folder.

Nick
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by divrdrew
Has anyone done this JFK-LHR, or LHR-TLV? I have a flight in UC coming in three weeks and the information on the web site is very vague at best. Is it like the DL pre-select process still where you get an email three days in advance of the flight?
Did it LHR-JFK-LHR earlier in the month. In both directions it was indeed an email a few days before each flight. Link in email takes you to webpage where you can see whats on offer for the entre and choose what takes your fancy.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 6:51 am

Check out this list of all routes where pre-select is available:

https://www.virginatlantic.com/gb/en...accordParent18

Just click on the drop down for pre-select and it will list all routes and flight numbers it is currently available on.
Theirin likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
LHR-JNB in UC - my wife chose a vegetarian dish. On board flight attendant confirmed, yet stated something had gone wrong and they didn't have the meal for her....luckily she isn't a vegetarian and had the salmon instead.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:10 pm

Never got the email for pre-select, even though we are flying out tomorrow in Upper Class on a route that supposedly has it. Have gone to both web site and mobile app and neither gives me the option for a pre-select meal. I guess they still have some kinks to work out.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Just got the Pre-Select email for JFK-LHR in Premium. This is pretty much the same mechanism that DL used until recently... if you don't get the email you should be able to call in or tweet to have an agent put in your meal selection for you.

Interestingly, DL just rolled out new functionality to allow selections up to 21 days in advance via the app or website, so presumably this will make its way over to VS in the near future.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 5:19 am

Didn't end up getting the Pre-Select email on either of my JFK-LHR / LHR - JFK segments.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
A bit more detail on this... you basically need to have booked directly with Virgin for pre-selection to work. If you book codeshares through (eg) delta.com or a travel agent it won't, and Virgin cannot themselves make the selection for you.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:21 am

Programs: AA Platinum
So a Delta mileage redemption into VS Upper class LAX-LHR I should not expect an email and thus wont be able to pre order?
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:55 am

Programs: Virgin Gold.
Does anyone have the current meal list for Upper? traveling on the 18th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.