Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
I'm having similar issues trying to book JFK - NRT in J for this Friday. I called yesterday and several times this morning and the agents keep telling me the seat is unavailable, in spite of seeing three seats open on Lifemiles. The agent I spoke with yesterday said that this is a glitch but I'm starting to get nervous that I will hit the 48 hour window. Any advice, beyond HUCA?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by enfuego
I'm having similar issues trying to book JFK - NRT in J for this Friday. I called yesterday and several times this morning and the agents keep telling me the seat is unavailable, in spite of seeing three seats open on Lifemiles. The agent I spoke with yesterday said that this is a glitch but I'm starting to get nervous that I will hit the 48 hour window. Any advice, beyond HUCA?
Judging by the number of recent comments, there could well be an IT issue/glitch with VS at the moment. All I can say is keep HUCA-ing...
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by newyorklondon
Judging by the number of recent comments, there could well be an IT issue/glitch with VS at the moment. All I can say is keep HUCA-ing...
UPDATE: Talked to the supervisor of VS Upper Class and he said their system to book First/Biz class is down and they are working on it to get fixed.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by dommer
UPDATE: Talked to the supervisor of VS Upper Class and he said their system to book First/Biz class is down and they are working on it to get fixed.
Bingo - thanks for the update; I had a feeling something was amiss!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:43 pm

OK, makes sense. did HUCA a few times today with no luck. Guess I'll have to give a day or two before trying again.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Drew523
OK, makes sense. did HUCA a few times today with no luck. Guess I'll have to give a day or two before trying again.
VS Supervisor recommended to call tomorrow and it should be fixed!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:49 pm

VS Supervisor recommended to call tomorrow and it should be fixed!
Thanks for the information and heads up. I hope so, it has a been a kinda frustrating and annoying past few days. I read up on all the guides from several websites and even have a premium ExpertFlyer. I just kept thinking to myself, either I'm doing something wrong because I'm going nuts here every time they kept telling me it was booked.

Hopefully it works out for the both of us tomorrow.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:51 pm

Thanks for the information and heads up. I hope so, it has a been a kinda frustrating and annoying past few days. I read up on all the guides from several websites and even have a premium ExpertFlyer. I just kept thinking to myself, either I'm doing something wrong because I'm going nuts here every time they kept telling me it was booked.

Hopefully it works out for the both of us tomorrow.
Hahaha couldnt have said it better! I too have Premium expertflyer and it shows seats and they couldnt see it! Didnt know what I was doing wrong!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:30 pm

Bingo - thanks for the update; I had a feeling something was amiss!
UPDATE 8/14 11pm EST: VS UpperDeck IT systems are back up ready for booking!

Booked RT IAD-NRT! Thanks for all the help everyone!! See you in the skies!
newyorklondon and Lewis42 like this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:25 am

Fantastic news! Congrats, and thanks for keeping us all updated.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:06 am

Can an award be changed once it's been placed on hold but not yet booked?

I can also confirm that the YQ for IAD-NRT on ANA has indeed gone up.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by silentbob1974
Can an award be changed once it's been placed on hold but not yet booked?
If it's something like a date change, then yes. The only very slight risk is if you then change your mind and want your original dates back. It's not guaranteed that NH reward inventory available to VS will return to the same pool (especially closer to the date of travel) - i.e. you might find your released seat goes into the revenue pool, so you can't get it back. Or it does go back to the reward pool, but someone else snaps it up!

You can also hold a revised date in addition to a booked ticket on the same PNR. If you've booked your flights, then see availability on a different date which you might want, you can hold that new date for 24h or so in addition to your booked/ticketed date.

I found this out by accident as I was just making a simple date change to a ticketed flight, when the call got disconnected at the last minute.

The VS agent was very smart and kept the revised date held (in addition to the original booking, all on the same PNR) until I could call back to confirm, which was the next day as it happened.

In the interim when I went online to see the state of play after the disconnection, I could see one outbound and two inbounds. The two inbounds were my original date (ticketed) and my revised date (on hold).
silentbob1974 likes this.

Last edited by newyorklondon; Aug 15, 2018 at 9:36 am
Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:49 pm

Awesome and congrats. Unfortunately, I'm not getting the same luck. 2 VS agents I spoke two weren't able to locate them or shows up NA. Going to try again later this afternoon, need a break from talking with them haha.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:09 pm

Awesome and congrats. Unfortunately, I'm not getting the same luck. 2 VS agents I spoke two weren't able to locate them or shows up NA. Going to try again later this afternoon, need a break from talking with them haha.
Good luck, and keep us posted!
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:26 pm

Deleted

Last edited by hamburglar; Aug 15, 2018 at 6:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.