Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
YQ was ~$260 when I booked F LAX-HND RT earlier in April of this year. Sneaky that ANA keeps raising their YQ. I guess that's what it takes for them to keep offering this great deal.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:11 am

NH cancelled one of the two LAXNRT flights in SEP/OCT. My return flight was slightly changed but I want to use this as an excuse to change my outbound flight which is now 100% sold out. It's in NH's best interest to do it but do you think I can convince the VS agent to ask NH to make the change?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by audio-nut
NH cancelled one of the two LAXNRT flights in SEP/OCT. My return flight was slightly changed but I want to use this as an excuse to change my outbound flight which is now 100% sold out. It's in NH's best interest to do it but do you think I can convince the VS agent to ask NH to make the change?
You can certainly try. I suspect a call to NH first might be best, asking them what can be done their end, or asking precisely what VS needs to do. I've found that asking NH for the precise wording to use helps.

I had an issue with an infant ticket, and it was only when I used the phrase "the coupon remains open" (a line given to me by NH), that VS were able to resolve the issue.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:38 am

Has anybody booked an award ticket for a kid ( above 2 years old) without booking an adult award ticket together? Is it possible?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
Has anybody booked an award ticket for a kid ( above 2 years old) without booking an adult award ticket together? Is it possible?
I've never done this, but it will depend on the age. I know on some airlines there needs to be some kind of accompanying passenger, which doesn't necessarily need to be on the same booking. My guess is it's the same with NH - there will need to be some kind of booking (reward or otherwise) to which to attach the child ticket.

I believe NH policy is:

- A child 2-4 needs an accompanying passenger age 12 and above. My guess here is VS would need to see some kind of accompanying booking.
- From age 5-12, the child doesn't, but as the child has to use the special assisted service (Junior Pilot), I'm not sure whether VS would have access to that inventory.
- 12 and above is a normal ticket, so should be bookable via VS.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by newyorklondon
I've never done this, but it will depend on the age. I know on some airlines there needs to be some kind of accompanying passenger, which doesn't necessarily need to be on the same booking. My guess is it's the same with NH - there will need to be some kind of booking (reward or otherwise) to which to attach the child ticket.

I believe NH policy is:

- A child 2-4 needs an accompanying passenger age 12 and above. My guess here is VS would need to see some kind of accompanying booking.
- From age 5-12, the child doesn't, but as the child has to use the special assisted service (Junior Pilot), I'm not sure whether VS would have access to that inventory.
- 12 and above is a normal ticket, so should be bookable via VS.
Thank you. This helps a lot!
newyorklondon likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:08 am

I managed to book my Reward Seats via VA - 240,000 points for the 2 seats, plus £702 in taxes / fees for flights next May from Heathrow to Haneda.

1 First Class (code O) seat - return (partner)
1 x Business Seat on way out, 1 x Economy Seat on way back (for myself)

They appears to release 1 First and 1 Business seats on the 11 month dates before travel, and have signed up for ExpertFlyer alerts to see is I can nab another First or Business seat for myself.

Anyone know if they do release more seats am looking for, when do they normally do so?
I imagine they will try and sell them and leave it until much nearer time of flying, but thought would ask.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Antony Jackson
I managed to book my Reward Seats via VA - 240,000 points for the 2 seats, plus £702 in taxes / fees for flights next May from Heathrow to Haneda.

1 First Class (code O) seat - return (partner)
1 x Business Seat on way out, 1 x Economy Seat on way back (for myself)

They appears to release 1 First and 1 Business seats on the 11 month dates before travel, and have signed up for ExpertFlyer alerts to see is I can nab another First or Business seat for myself.

Anyone know if they do release more seats am looking for, when do they normally do so?
I imagine they will try and sell them and leave it until much nearer time of flying, but thought would ask.
I've booked two F returns as a reward redemption many times with NH (normally at the same time). Just keep an eye out, and be quick to move. NH F is very rarely full in my experience (usually 4 of the 8 seats are occupied). I'm not sure there is a routine to reward inventory coming up, alas!
Old Aug 7, 2018, 5:21 pm

Is there a way to check your ticket if its on hold? I booked and got the confirmation number, but that doesnt work when I try to check my booking online. Want to make sure before I transfer my Amex MR points.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by olouie
Is there a way to check your ticket if its on hold? I booked and got the confirmation number, but that doesnt work when I try to check my booking online. Want to make sure before I transfer my Amex MR points.
Did the agent give you an ANA record locator? VS locator doesn’t work on ANA

Side note: I just booked 2 F LAX-HND for April next year. Decent availability from April and on. Hopefully can’t catch the tail end of cherry blossom season.
newyorklondon likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by evotion

Did the agent give you an ANA record locator? VS locator doesn’t work on ANA

Side note: I just booked 2 F LAX-HND for April next year. Decent availability from April and on. Hopefully can’t catch the tail end of cherry blossom season.
Only the VS number, will have to call to see if they can give me the ANA number. I only have it on hold now, not sure if that matters.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 5:40 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
It doesn't matter -- VS will have the NH record locator in their reservation. They can give it to you if you call.

Originally Posted by olouie
Only the VS number, will have to call to see if they can give me the ANA number. I only have it on hold now, not sure if that matters.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 5:50 pm

VS is so much better than US airlines. Called, found award, put on hold, called back, got locator, transferred points and booked. Took all of 15-20 mins total. Mostly time spent on hold.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:11 pm

Is there a post or wiki entry in the above 24 pages to help answer some basic questions about procedure? If not...please see below:

Trying to fly LAX to MNL in January in Biz Class and want to transfer AMEX MR points (with 30% bonus to FC) to book ANA flight...what's the best procedure?
  1. Look up flights on ANA site
  2. Find flights I want and take down details
  3. Call Flying Club to price out flight via their CSRs
  4. Transfer points from AMEX MR to FC
  5. Book flight via FC CSR
Would it be that simple?

Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by lax01
Is there a post or wiki entry in the above 24 pages to help answer some basic questions about procedure? If not...please see below:

Trying to fly LAX to MNL in January in Biz Class and want to transfer AMEX MR points (with 30% bonus to FC) to book ANA flight...what's the best procedure?
  1. Look up flights on ANA site
  2. Find flights I want and take down details
  3. Call Flying Club to price out flight via their CSRs
  4. Transfer points from AMEX MR to FC
  5. Book flight via FC CSR
Would it be that simple?

Thanks!
Its better to use United to search space. As long as saver space is available, VS can see it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.